A-Rod & Boras

Bren Dillon's blog

Moderator: Angels

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

A-Rod & Boras

Post by Royals »

Alex Rodriguez said during an interview with 60 Minutes that he and agent Scott Boras are not speaking to each other.
Rodriguez indicated that he's upset over the way Boras handled negotiations with the Yankees. "The whole situation saddens me a little bit," Rodriguez said. "There hasn't been much back-and-forth talking. When I realized things were going haywire, at that point I said wait a minute I've got to be accountable for my own life. This is not going the way I wanted it to go, so I got behind the wheel."
Wow, that decision almost makes me respect A-Rod. now, if he dumped Boras completely, THEN I'd really respect him.
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

A-Rod saying that makes him look a lot more respectable especially since he cares a lot about his public image. But playing Devils Advocate for a second it could also be possible that Boras realized he screwed up real bad and told A-Rod that he will take the hit and to put all the blame on him.
Royals

Post by Royals »

I agree, but for now, I'm going to give A-Rod the benefit of the doubt for no other reason than a gut feeling.
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

fair enough
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

You really think boras doesn't care about his image as much as he cares about arods? If this weren't completely what it seems it would surprise me, considering Boras could be losing millions in future clients by having his #1 dis-own him on national tv.
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

He got worked pretty well at the T.O. news conference as well.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

This is all over the radio stations this morning...thought it was interesting and puts a rest to conspiracy theories...looks like for the first time in his life, A-Rod is showing leadership..just so happens it happens off the baseball field.

In other news...Congress wants to speak with Scott Boras about his sudden drop off in performance since MLB started it's drug testing policy in 2005.

A-Rod Drops Boras, Signs With Oseary
Variety is reporting that Alex Rodriguez has dropped Scott Boras to sign with Guy Oseary. A-Rod is Oseary's first athlete; he's worked with celebrities ranging from Madonna to David Blaine. (Hat tip to Mark Feinsand on this one).

Whatever Oseary does for Rodriguez probably won't concern MLBTR readers much. Rodriguez's current contract, which he negotiated himself, runs through 2017. He'll be 42 when the deal is done, perhaps ready to retire. I can't see into the future but it doesn't seem like the Yanks will ever trade him. I haven't read whether the new contract includes a no-trade clause but I assume so.

The more interesting part is Boras, whose rep has taken a hit this winter. However to me it seems like that hit is mostly from the media. It's not like the Boras Corporation is going to go out of business or players will start leaving in droves because A-Rod and Kenny Rogers did. He's still the best in baseball and he's got plenty of big names that we'll be hearing about in coming years such as Matt Holliday, Carlos Beltran, Adrian Beltre, Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Pena, Mark Teixeira, and Prince Fielder
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Royals

Post by Royals »

Wow.... way to go A-Rod...
I can't think of the last time I said that about A-rod that didn't involve him striking out or grounding into a clutch DP.

Return to “Whale's Vagina Monologue”