Trade Transaction window on front page

With quite a few new features planned for the upcoming months, this forum is to notify of new features as they are rolled out
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Trade Transaction window on front page

Post by BlueJays »

Shawn,

Should you have the time, and desire.. how about considering the implementation of a window on the front page that shows the latest approved trades. We show pretty much any other transaction on the front page, why not trades?
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Not a bad idea Nate, how about we take it one step further? Can I get a volunteer to rate trades based on their impact (5-star scale)? Not saying all trades will need to be rated, but maybe we'll only show the top 3-4 rated trades in the last week or something? Thoughts?
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

I had another twist to throw on this idea..

Now, let me state ahead of time.. I don't know how much work this would be, how difficult it would be, etc. Or if its even possible using this code. But when you go to ibcleague.com the very top window is the "welcome" window, and all it says below is:

Welcome to the new ibcleague.com

Perhaps this window could be altered to be the new "IBC Bottom Line" - similar to ESPN's bottom line in that it would scroll from right to left trades that have been processed..? Could also do standings in that window.. or whatever you want.. again, similar to ESPN's bottom line.. any "breaking news" or highlight top pitching/batting lines of the night's boxscore's, etc.

I'd certainly love to step up and "rate" trades but as everyone is aware I'm under some fairly large time constraints already at work, and the DNC is coming to Denver, we're going to blow the fuck up even more. So I can't make that commitment. But, perhaps say, if 1 GM from the AL, and 1 from the NL could do a rating, and then(and I know they haven't always been successful..) you could do a quick "IBC Nation" poll on how they would rate it in addition to the annointed GM's.. well that would give everyone the ability to participate if they so wanted.. and if they didn't/couldn't add to the poll, no big whoop.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

A couple of thoughts come to mind

A bottom line type display would not necessarily be hard, it'd be harder to have someone constantly feeding it information, though new trades would be something we could run through pretty easily I think.

In terms of polling the league, it's doable, but the only way I can think which might actually encourage voting would be a quick fire rating system, might take some time, I'll add it to the list of possible things though.

Return to “OOPSS Upgrades”