Marvin Harrison

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Marvin Harrison

Post by DBacks »

Bye bye, Marvin. Nothing is proven yet, but it certainly doesnt look good. It looks like our good friend couldnt help himself and just had to shoot somebody.

Maybe I'm dumb. Maybe NOT shooting people is harded than it seems. Maybe its an urge that is uncontrollable to others and I am just somehow immune to it. I really don't know. But I know every time I read something like this my first instinct is to yell -

"STOP FUCKING SHOOTING PEOPLE!"

How hard could it really be? I just dont get it. I will make a deal with any major sports franchise right now - I will play for the league minimum and shoot somebody and get suspended. If you're gonna hire people to do that, why pay them superstar dollars? For as cheap as it can get I will do it for you.

Unfuckingbelievable. They say Harrison owns 25 guns. WOOO second ammendment!
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Thank you, Marvin, for proving you are a retard and doing your best to throw your career in the garbage in a way that, fortunately, didn't cost anyone their life. You're one step up from Pacman Jones.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Holy crap, I can't wait to hear Peyton's rant on this one.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Yes lets convict a guy before we get all the information. Oh here come the liberals out of the woodwork crying about the 2nd ammendment. My guns have killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car
Giants

Post by Giants »

A ballistics test is pretty good information.
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

I'm with ya Aaron.. that said, I'd never own a gun.

.:shrug:.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Royals

Post by Royals »

Good luck getting to work straddling that shotgun...

The information we have is that Harrison was there arguing with the guy. The guy got shot in the following kerfluffle and the bullets that shot him were matched ballistically to one of Harrison's weapons which was found after apparently having been disposed of.
Harrison is already in legal trouble, in Pennsylvania you can be put on trial if a gun you own was used in an assault. harrison's already screwed, it's jsut a question of was he the one who pulled the trigger or not.
Giants

Post by Giants »

I definitely don't like that law that you can be punished for someone else's crime, I don't think it's a gun control issue either. If he shot the gun he should be punished, there is damn good evidence that he did.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Aaron, your post just stinks of homerism. Get off your high horse for once. (Who likes that pun?)
Royals

Post by Royals »

Athletics wrote:I definitely don't like that law that you can be punished for someone else's crime, I don't think it's a gun control issue either. If he shot the gun he should be punished, there is damn good evidence that he did.
it's a matter of responsibility. You're not charged with murder if someone uses your gun to kill someone, you're charged with a misdemeanor for not taking better care of your weapon. I believe there are exceptions if the weapon is stolen from you and you report it stolen. It's your gun, you're responsible for it.
Royals

Post by Royals »

If Harrison didn't fire the gun, then he'll probably get the misdemeanor, lose his license to carry and probably to own as well (as he should). You can bet your ass Goodell is going to have a LOT to say about this though.
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

Cardinals wrote:Yes lets convict a guy before we get all the information. Oh here come the liberals out of the woodwork crying about the 2nd ammendment. My guns have killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car
And here comes the conservative trying to convince everyone that guns don't kill people. And I didn't convict anyone. I believe the first thing said in my post was that nothing was proven yet.

Say what you want about your guns. Marvin admitted to owning 25 and there's no reason to own that many. Whine all you want about how I'm trying to take away your guns, I don't care. Gun laws are still too leniant and you can argue against it all you want, you'll still be wrong.

Millions of guns are in the hands of millions of the wrong people and we can't do shit to stop it because too many people whine about restricting their 2nd ammendment rights. Not take it away mind you, but you know, keep people from owning 20 something guns like Marvin, or banning assault weapons, because god knows you need an automatic weapon to "hunt."
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Cubs wrote:
Cardinals wrote:Yes lets convict a guy before we get all the information. Oh here come the liberals out of the woodwork crying about the 2nd ammendment. My guns have killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car
And here comes the conservative trying to convince everyone that guns don't kill people. And I didn't convict anyone. I believe the first thing said in my post was that nothing was proven yet.

Say what you want about your guns. Marvin admitted to owning 25 and there's no reason to own that many. Whine all you want about how I'm trying to take away your guns, I don't care. Gun laws are still too leniant and you can argue against it all you want, you'll still be wrong.

Millions of guns are in the hands of millions of the wrong people and we can't do shit to stop it because too many people whine about restricting their 2nd ammendment rights. Not take it away mind you, but you know, keep people from owning 20 something guns like Marvin, or banning assault weapons, because god knows you need an automatic weapon to "hunt."
couldn't agree more..

thats why i'd never own one. People shake the responsiblity of it all. Bad things happen.

I know it may seem like I'm on the fence.. But its just the liberterian in me.

The 2nd ammendment is a constiutional right. And that should never, ever be taken away in this country. Its what makes me so upset over the american people sitting by so idly while bush rapes us of our consitutionally guaranteed freedoms with his so called 'patriot act'.

But there's no need to own 20 unless you sell the things(legally of course, and I have friends who do.. but those folks are also extremely responsible for their ownership, handling, etc). The problem comes when you have thugs like this guy(seems the NBA and NFL is full of em, but thats another thread..) who have zero respect for the freedoms he's been granted, doesn't take the responsibility seriously, and then shit like this happens.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Royals

Post by Royals »

Couldn't agree with you more Gabe (Don't let that change your thinking though ;) ). if you want to own a rifle for hunting purposes, I can buy that reasoning (though a constitutional amendment to protect what has become simply a hobby for the modern American is a little 'off') but assault weapons or handguns for hunting is a pure crock of shit.

It's kind of interesting how this kind of behaviour has become almost common in the NBA and NFL, yet not in MLB. I wonder how much of that has to do with the longer development time for most players and the non-contact aspect of the game.
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Anyone who thinks baseball isn't a contact sport should try to watch Adam Dunn's collision with Wiki Gonzalez at the plate. LOL.
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Reds wrote:Anyone who thinks baseball isn't a contact sport should try to watch Adam Dunn's collision with Wiki Gonzalez at the plate. LOL.
Or Pete Rose and Ray Fosse. Although thats when baseball was scrappy, not all about the long ball. :P
Giants

Post by Giants »

I have a grandfather who is by all other accounts a liberal Democrat except that he is a dyed in the wool gun nut, so my entire life I've heard the arguments. The problem with the gun control debate is that partisans on both sides have dug in so deeply that rational, nuanced debate is largely no longer possible.

Return to “The Cub Hub”