New Braves GM

Moderator: Executive Committee

Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: New Braves GM

Post by Guardians »

I vote for Judson. Nothing against Jim, but I know Judson would be a good GM who is very dedicated to overcoming any perceived shortcomings.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

My choice is Jim
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

I don't have a huge preference, but my choice is Jim. The wins comment gives me a bit of pause as it pertains to Judson. I'm not against keeping Judson in the pipeline. Either GM will need coaching, but the wins comment was the differentiator to me.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

I will add that we should appoint a mentor to any new GMs for a 3 or 6 month period while they get acclimated to the league. Not so much hand holding, but being a good voice inside the GM's head and teaching the ins and outs of the league. There's a lot to digest, and it's tough when you have 10 guys sending trade offers ASAP if you're a new GM.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

I've found myself in one of those stretches with work (hadn't really had one in a good while) where when I'm around I only find a few minutes here and there to poke my head up, sorry that I haven't replied. I don't think that either of these guys is a good fit for this roster. My preference would be that we keep looking. If Jim could be coached or coaxed to take his time and not feel like he has to make over the roster in his first month then I would be good with him, but it seems pretty clear that he has no intention of doing that.

Return to “ExCo General”