Draft Pick Time Limit Change

These announcements are reflected on the front page.
RedSox
Name: Patrick Tullar

Post by RedSox »

I never really had a problem with the first round being untimed, but I also figured the first round was the easiest round to draft. In a league like this I'd assume everyone could come up with 15-20 players off the top of their heads. Not immediately in order, but up to two dozen 'blue chip' guys who should go in the first round. The amount of prep time for a round should increase as the draft progresses. Trying to figure out who Adrian Ortiz or Brandon Guyer are, and then whether they're even draft worthy should take longer than choosing Parker over Poreda. Insisting on having a complete 150 player list in hand before making a top 30 pick, when a ranking of one's top 30-45 players is all that's required to free up the draft's progression seems small-minded and selfish. I submit that it is possible to continue to rank players while the draft is in progress...

Anyway, I've got a list of 15 guys that'll take me through my next two picks. I'm taking a little IBC siesta. Could someone please e-mail me when my pick (20) rolls around?

Happy Holidays,
P.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Since it's clearly so urgent to everyone, I'm down to deciding between two players (maybe three). I don't imagine it'll take me more than 2-3 more days for me to decide between them.
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

Well Nils, I have to agree with you now. Based on our discussions previously in exco I had the impression that the announcement that was made was going to be followed with another accompanying move for a limit, but only one other member, JP, supported that. As is, we have basically half a rule and that half, working alone, only allows for greater problems than we already had. All I can do is apologize for misinterpreting the intentions of the rest of the exco and for my role in this stupid conclusion. Shawn is apparently gone indefinitely now with no contact (really wish I'd known that was going to happen a day or so ago), so it's going to be pretty much impossible to do anything productive in exco for a few weeks. Sorry guys, I'm embarrassed for the exco's response to the childish drafting antics. Wish I could do something, but apparently I can't.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

For future drafts we're just going to have to start on Day X and have the 24 hour strict clock and that's that. We started it early in order to alleviate the boredom of the Winter and let's face it: the draft is usually fun and mildly exciting as far as the IBC goes. It's a shame we won't be able to start early like this in the future, but I can't see it as being an option ever again.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Royals

Post by Royals »

We could still start early, we'd just need to not allow draft pick trading during the first round as we should have this year. We all overlooked it, we should have done better, but it is what it is.
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Thanks Brett.
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Am I crazy or does everyone just need to chill the fuck out?

As far as I'm concerned, draft pick trading isn't holding up this draft - Bren is. And you know what? Who cares! Everyone is so up in arms about this, but the draft hasn't even started yet. We are in the midst of a head start. I'm confused what's fair and what's not fair about people trading their draft picks - everyone has their own value for what the picks are worth, and they've had 3 months to deal them. You want to wait it out? Tough noogies...

I feel embarassed agreeing with Bren for the second time in less then a month, but let the man pick in peace - if you have nothing better to do during the holiday season then wait for a fantasy league draft pick...well then you have larger issues then yelling at Bren will take care of.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Royals wrote:Am I crazy or does everyone just need to chill the fuck out?

As far as I'm concerned, draft pick trading isn't holding up this draft - Bren is. And you know what? Who cares! Everyone is so up in arms about this, but the draft hasn't even started yet. We are in the midst of a head start. I'm confused what's fair and what's not fair about people trading their draft picks - everyone has their own value for what the picks are worth, and they've had 3 months to deal them. You want to wait it out? Tough noogies...

I feel embarassed agreeing with Bren for the second time in less then a month, but let the man pick in peace - if you have nothing better to do during the holiday season then wait for a fantasy league draft pick...well then you have larger issues then yelling at Bren will take care of.
And we all know how productive yelling or bitching at me is going to be...
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

im not picking until i meet with ALL of my potential draft picks... shit one player can't meet with me until Jan 15th so you guys are in for another wait.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Nick, you're a douche.

Sorry for the delay, I'd have had my pick in last night but there was a major family emergency that made for a very late night.
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

this is true.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Phillies wrote:this is true.
That's ok, I'm occasionally a douche myself.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Oh, and hurry up and pick!

Return to “Announcements”