50%
Not yet
50%

Total votes: 4

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Draft start Vote

Post by Royals »

Ok, we've hit the December lull, I'd like to get the draft kicked off as usual, I've had people asking when we'd start and I think it's pretty safe to just start the non-timed portion immediately. Even if Shawn's draft queue isn't ready, we don't need the queue without there being a time limit so we can just open up a draft thread and have people post their picks.
As this isn't a rules change or out of norm with past issues, i presume this is a 4 out of 6 issue.
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

First off, I agree that a 4 of 6 majority would work here.

I'm inclined to agree with going ahead with manual drafting until jan 4 or the queue is ready (and i think the queue is ready before then anyway), but I'd like to hear out of Shawn before I vote. Not sure where he feels like everything is.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Starting before Jan 4th (without a time limit) has been the norm for several years now.
Rangers
Site Admin

Post by Rangers »

Yeah I wasn't disputing that or anything. The reason that I'd like to hear from Shawn is that he's put so much work into this, if he thinks it would be cooler to start with the queue and if he thinks we could start with it real soon, I'd definitely feel like deferring to him.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Gotcha
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Tigers wrote:Yeah I wasn't disputing that or anything. The reason that I'd like to hear from Shawn is that he's put so much work into this, if he thinks it would be cooler to start with the queue and if he thinks we could start with it real soon, I'd definitely feel like deferring to him.
I agree ...
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

My vote is not yet pending Shawn saying the draft queue is ready to roll. If he's set with it my vote changes.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Athletics wrote:My vote is not yet pending Shawn saying the draft queue is ready to roll. If he's set with it my vote changes.
i'm all for waiting to see shawn's input on this despite my vote being yes, but there isn't a need for a queue if were starting early because nobody would be on the clock until January anyway.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Rangers
Site Admin

Post by Rangers »

Pirates wrote:
Athletics wrote:My vote is not yet pending Shawn saying the draft queue is ready to roll. If he's set with it my vote changes.
i'm all for waiting to see shawn's input on this despite my vote being yes, but there isn't a need for a queue if were starting early because nobody would be on the clock until January anyway.
Right, and I'd like to start real soon one way or the other. My thinking was that I thought that Shawn said that it was basically ready he just wanted to be around to monitor it in case something went wrong. So if he gets back today or tomorrow or whatever and it is ready, might as well use that. Is he not supposed to be back?
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Tigers wrote:
Pirates wrote:
Right, and I'd like to start real soon one way or the other. My thinking was that I thought that Shawn said that it was basically ready he just wanted to be around to monitor it in case something went wrong. So if he gets back today or tomorrow or whatever and it is ready, might as well use that. Is he not supposed to be back?
yeah i agree, he should be back soon. I thought he was getting back tonight but its really really bad out here, and im sure its not a cakewalk in NY so he may not be available till tomorrow. if need be i can just call him.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

I agree that we don't really need the queue to get started, but it seems like it's a nice thing to have, and if it's only going to be another couple of days then we don't need to rush.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

First off, when Bren says queue, I believe he means the ability to draft through the site. Not to be confused with the "Not Here Queue".

The "Not Here Queue" is complete. The ability to draft is not. As for time lines, I'd say pretty likely that it will be done by the end of the weekend. As always, extra time would just mean extra testing to make sure shit doesn't go wrong.

Frankly, I'm opposed to starting the draft before the page is ready, instead of confusing GMs with multiple ways of drafting, whether or not we're drafting on the board or the page anymore, etc. just doesn't seem worth the short time it will "save" us. Let's just wait, everyone can get their introduction to OOPSS drafting at the same time and I won't have to manually input picks later on either.

I just don't see the rush on starting, especially with an "official" start date of January 4th.

Return to “ExCo General”