Fantasy Football Start/Sit Question

Dan Vacek's blog

Moderator: Orioles

Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Fantasy Football Start/Sit Question

Post by Orioles »

Ok, I've got 2 different leagues, and 2 different RB dilemmas. Being as how the jackasses on ESPN haven't helped me much so far, anybody (especially fans of these guys' teams) who wants to weigh in would be a help, especially since I don't know as much about the NFC as the AFC.

Team 1 (point per reception league)

RB#2: Maurice Morris vs. CHI or Justin Fargas @ MIN?

I'm a Raiders fan and they blow, but they can run the ball. Looks like Shaun Alexander will be out or limited for Seattle.

FLEX: Andre Johnson vs. NO or Santonio Holmes @ NYJ?

Team 2 (standard Yahoo public)

RB #2: Clinton Portis @ DAL, Jesse Chatman @ PHI, Marion Barber III vs. WAS or LenDale White @ DEN?

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

1st one is a coin flip. The seattle offense line has done nothing this year and the running game has been to shit. Although Morris did have a TD last week. Minn has one of the toughest run defenses in the league but they did give up over 100 yards and a td to ryan grant and the shitty packers running game.

2nd one go with holmes because the jets secondary sucks. Even though Andre Johnson is a top 10 maybe even top 5 receiver when healthy hes coming back from missing 6 or 7 weeks and you never know with the Houston offense. Big Ben has been racking it up lately.

3rd one go with Portis. Hes past few games hes had big weeks and dallas has been known to have a terrible run defense. Its a tough choice but id say either him or Marion.
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

Thanks guys. For a bunch of know-it-alls who have an opinion on everything, you're surprisingly useless. (ok, I'm a particularly bad know-it-all with an opinion on everything - but based on my records, I clearly don't know so much about fantasy football).
Thanks for the input Jake. I'm leaning towards Morris, Johnson, Portis. I probably should go with Holmes over Johnson, but it's been so damn long since I've been able to play AJ that I'll be extra pissed if I sit him now that he's finally healthy and he has a huge day.

Pirates

Post by Pirates »

fair enough....its a coinflip hope it works out
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

Morris, AJ, Portis. Dunzo.

Pirates

Post by Pirates »

Matt Schaub passed to Andre Johnson down the middle for 73 yard gain (Kris Brown made PAT)
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Andre how I've missed you...
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

Brewers wrote:Matt Schaub passed to Andre Johnson down the middle for 73 yard gain (Kris Brown made PAT)
Niiiiice.

Return to “Orioles”