OOPSS v3

These announcements are reflected on the front page.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

OOPSS v3

Post by Dodgers »

The day is finally upon us!

The newest version of OOPSS is live and is finally (for the most part) mobile friendly!

What I need from you:
[*] Tell me if you see any errors, things not working properly, etc.
[*] Let me know if there's things that we used to have that were useful that you don't see anymore (for example, I just noticed there's no "show me unread posts" page)
[*] Ask any questions you have about how things work now

I've still got plans for some changes, but for the most part, this should be all the core functionality needed for the league to run.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: OOPSS v3

Post by Guardians »

Dodgers wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:43 pm The day is finally upon us!

The newest version of OOPSS is live and is finally (for the most part) mobile friendly!

What I need from you:
[*] Tell me if you see any errors, things not working properly, etc.
[*] Let me know if there's things that we used to have that were useful that you don't see anymore (for example, I just noticed there's no "show me unread posts" page)
[*] Ask any questions you have about how things work now

I've still got plans for some changes, but for the most part, this should be all the core functionality needed for the league to run.
Awesome stuff, Shawn. Thanks for putting in the extra work. It's really weird right now, but will provide feedback when able. Thanks!
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Searching posts may be inaccurate at the moment, the indexes are being built now.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Couple quick hit things for consideration:

Under "quick links," it lists "The Team," which makes me think it's my team, which was a common click for me on the prior version. Maybe re-label that "ExCo," since that's what that really is for and that's a commonly known term.

Also, under members, the Waiver position is lost with the rest of the info. Also, the teams aren't listed in waiver order like the prior version, which is very helpful information.

I also think we can lose website since Geocities no longer exists, and probably some of the other miscellaneous social media tools. Location, FB, Twitter are probably sufficient.

It appears the site allows you to send yourself a PM. Maybe that was always an option, but seems like an odd feature.

Can each owner customize "Quick links" for their own use? That would be a cool feature. And speaking of quick links, would love a link stripped along the top for my individual team like the prior version.

The site looks much sleeker, the search option is nicer. Love the advance search option and an overall player universe list.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

There are about 5 million May 13, 2018 injury notices and it looks like the formatting on the previous injury posts is messed up now.

Also, I'm not sure the unread board messages pop as much since the permanent exco member team names are also red, so the eye is drawn in both places. I would eliminate the red text for the exco members.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Going to re-post my other feedback as I didn't see this thread b/c there wasn't a "show me new posts" option. So definitely in favor of getting that back.

The other feedback I had was: Is there/can there be a way to go directly to team pages? In the past it was just royals.ibcleague.com. Is there an equivalent now?
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Home page shows full standings when logged in on mobile and is not terribly concise. Lots of scrolling to get to those NLW standings... But you probably noticed that.
RedSox
Name: Patrick Tullar

Post by RedSox »

When I click on transactions, all of the signings say 'anonymous' under team.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Royals wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:52 am Going to re-post my other feedback as I didn't see this thread b/c there wasn't a "show me new posts" option. So definitely in favor of getting that back.

The other feedback I had was: Is there/can there be a way to go directly to team pages? In the past it was just royals.ibcleague.com. Is there an equivalent now?
search.php?search_id=unreadposts works for now, I have to make some updates to get it back under quick links.

Will fix those URLs so they work again tonight.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Lots of bugs in the other responses too, will be working on them tonight.
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

Excited for the transition - have to ask if we are going to change up the color schematic? The blue and white isn't the easiest on my eyes personally. Or is there a way we can customize?

A lot of my other concerns appear to have already been addressed - mostly with formatting. One suggestion I do have: Make as many things clickable as possible - for example - in the standings on the front page, which I love btw, would be great if I could just click on a team and go to their page.

Cheers!~
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

This is awesome. Appreciate all the hard work Shawn! Lots of the stuff I used to get pissed about are all helped out here...and the bugs I see, people have addressed.
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Would it be possible to bring back the "Last 10 transactions" to the home page? I found that very useful and something I checked out every time coming on the site.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

I like the standings on the home page. Would be cool to have a tab or even just squeeze the standings and add a right-side view of the wildcard standings. There's a lot of empty space in the standings that may open room for a wildcard standings module to the right.
Angels
Name: Zach Robertson

Post by Angels »

Marlins wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 pm Would it be possible to bring back the "Last 10 transactions" to the home page? I found that very useful and something I checked out every time coming on the site.
Agree.

My other thoughts/bugs are addressed by others. Going to need some time to get used to things, but I think this is a step forward. Thanks for your hard work, Shawn!
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Another thing I used a lot was exporting the player list.

Is that something we'd be able to bring back?
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Awesome stuff as always. Thanks again Shawn for all the hard work.

Getting used to it, but def seems a lot more streamlined and easier to administer. Really like the injuries page and the new add/create stuff.

I miss the last 10 transactions too. Also logos on the memberlist were nice for quickly finding someone.

Speaking of logos... can we get an update to our avatars? Poor Nils still has the Florida Marlins "F."

Also, do we have a way to manage roster status ourselves or no?

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

I am confused....not sure if I am seeing what everyone else is seeing. I don't even know how to look at my team roster and make signings now.
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

DBacks wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:46 pm I am confused....not sure if I am seeing what everyone else is seeing. I don't even know how to look at my team roster and make signings now.
Go to your profile and scroll down to see your team roster.

Go to Player List and there's "Find a Player" and "Create a Player" top left.

Guardians

Post by Guardians »

BlueJays wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 pm Also logos on the memberlist were nice for quickly finding someone.
Agree with this. If the Members page isn't in order by waiver order, it becomes a little tough to find teams since the text isn't differentiated. Logos would be great.

Another: it appears the player DOB isn't listed on an individual player page. You can see his transaction history but there's no way to tell if it's the same Robert Smith as the guy you want to sign.
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

I lost Danny Jansen. When I try to add him it says I have too many players, but on my roster page it only adds up to 49.

Reds

Post by Reds »

Thanks Shawn. Only thing missing I’d like to see is the player links. When you clicked on a player there were links to MILB, BA, Rotoworld, etc.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Fixes I just released:
- "Unread posts" link is back (under Quick Links)
- Removed "The Team" links
- Display home page on portal.php (autocomplete in multiple browsers kept taking me here)
- <team>.ibcleague.com redirects are working again
- Ability to sign players is back (I stupidly coded this to check my roster's limits for anyone who tried to make a signing)
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 pm Under "quick links," it lists "The Team," which makes me think it's my team, which was a common click for me on the prior version. Maybe re-label that "ExCo," since that's what that really is for and that's a commonly known term.
Gone, wasn't really useful.
Tigers wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 pm Also, under members, the Waiver position is lost with the rest of the info. Also, the teams aren't listed in waiver order like the prior version, which is very helpful information.
On my list.
Tigers wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 pm I also think we can lose website since Geocities no longer exists, and probably some of the other miscellaneous social media tools. Location, FB, Twitter are probably sufficient.
Sure.
Tigers wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 pm It appears the site allows you to send yourself a PM. Maybe that was always an option, but seems like an odd feature.
I believe it was.
Tigers wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 pm Can each owner customize "Quick links" for their own use? That would be a cool feature.
Unfortunately no.
Tigers wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 pm And speaking of quick links, would love a link stripped along the top for my individual team like the prior version.
Sure.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:37 am There are about 5 million May 13, 2018 injury notices and it looks like the formatting on the previous injury posts is messed up now.
Fixed for now, better fix coming before this happens again Thursday.

Return to “Announcements”