May 2018 Trades

Here you will find a history of approved trades.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Not going to pick that apart because I feel like my reply above is sufficient, but I said inconsistent or disingenuous. I think I laid out similar trades above that passed, hence the inconsistent comment.

When I have one person who messaged me privately saying that they are objecting to the deal for entertainment purposes only, I'm not sure what else to call that besides disingenuous.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

Pirates wrote:Not going to pick that apart because I feel like my reply above is sufficient, but I said inconsistent or disingenuous. I think I laid out similar trades above that passed, hence the inconsistent comment.

When I have one person who messaged me privately saying that they are objecting to the deal for entertainment purposes only, I'm not sure what else to call that besides disingenuous.
I'm not doing this for entertainment and it boggles my mind someone would say/do that, honestly, so I'm with you. I don't feel like the other trades that passed have anything to do with this one - the Benintendi deal isn't quite the same in my view because he was a college guy and I don't think the Andrew Miller deal should have gone through.

In any case, I think everyone should judge this on its own merits and do so with integrity. As I said, I'm good with whatever outcome happens, I simply wanted the league to take another look. There is a process in place and it should be able to be used - and not for "entertainment" purposes.
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Oh I totally believe this is for entertainment purposes. Shitty deals get let through all the time, sometimes people end up on the short end of the stick and sometimes people win out. Problem is people judge trades in the here and the future, but rarely together.

There has been so much banter over the last two years of removing the TRC because it served no purpose and most trades were processed through because it was between two veterans of the league like it was in this case. I know there were some cases where it didn't matter if there was a dissenting vote and just cause. The trade wouldn't go through the backroom review process because two members had already passed it prior to the third getting a a chance to chime in (not like it would matter) and that we would end up right here in this same situation.

And in all the years I have been here, I think only two or three have been overturned out of maybe ten that have been brought to a league review when numerous others have brushed off because of the "meh" factor, the does it really affect me, my division, my chance of winning, or my chance of tanking for the #1 pick.

So yes, I will play along and motion a second to review stuff even if it won't change the outcome, because atleast people start thinking.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Rockies wrote: don't feel like the other trades that passed have anything to do with this one - the Benintendi deal isn't quite the same in my view because he was a college guy.
Wait, what? Soto had 300 pro at bats between 2016-17, 100 more then Benintendi at the time of each trade. Soto gets punished because he didn't go to college, even though he had more pro experience?
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

Pirates wrote:
Rockies wrote: don't feel like the other trades that passed have anything to do with this one - the Benintendi deal isn't quite the same in my view because he was a college guy.
Wait, what? Soto had 300 pro at bats between 2016-17, 100 more then Benintendi at the time of each trade. Soto gets punished because he didn't go to college, even though he had more pro experience?
Absolutely. If you don't understand that college guys are more "polished" and ready coming out of the draft, and therefore are considerably less risky than young kids coming over from the DR, then I don't even know what to say. LOL.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Phillies/Twins Trade Approved

Post by Dodgers »

Phillies trades Eduardo Escobar, to Twins for Harrison Bader,
Dodgers
Site Admin

Reds/Athletics Trade Approved

Post by Dodgers »

Reds trades Josh Hader, to Athletics for Marwin Gonzalez,
Dodgers
Site Admin

Yankees/Athletics Trade Approved

Post by Dodgers »

Yankees trades Keone Kela, to Athletics for Felipe Rivero,
Dodgers
Site Admin

Reds/RedSox Trade Approved

Post by Dodgers »

Reds trades Juan Lagares, to RedSox for Mitchell White,
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

Didn't he change his name to Felipe Vazquez?
WhiteSox
Name: Aaron Dorman

Post by WhiteSox »

He did.

Shawn, any chance to update that?
Dodgers
Site Admin

Mets/Reds Trade Approved

Post by Dodgers »

Mets trades Jackie Bradley, Dilson Herrera, Donnie Dewees, to Reds for Brett Phillips, J.D. Davis, Antonio 15-Santillan,
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Yankees wrote:He did.

Shawn, any chance to update that?
Done
Dodgers
Site Admin

Pirates/Phillies Trade Approved

Post by Dodgers »

Pirates trades Ian Happ, Zack Littell, to Phillies for Patrick Corbin, Jordan Hicks,
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Re: Mets/Reds Trade Approved

Post by Mets »

Dodgers wrote:Mets trades Jackie Bradley, Dilson Herrera, Donnie Dewees, to Reds for Brett Phillips, J.D. Davis, Antonio 15-Santillan,
So do we wait until this date in the SIM for this to be processed? There have been three DB's since this has been approved and it still has not been completed in the SIM. Just wondering how it's handled.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

I process transactions as always on Sunday and Thursday in real time. This will be reflected in tonight's Thursday database.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
OOPSS

Pirates traded Brad Peacock to Marlins for Hector Rondon, Jurickson Profar

Post by OOPSS »

Pirates traded Brad Peacock to Marlins for Hector Rondon, Jurickson Profar
OOPSS

Pirates traded Andrew McCutchen, Jordan Hicks, Cavan Biggio to Twins for Carlos Gonzalez, Jose Martinez, Jorge Soler

Post by OOPSS »

Pirates traded Andrew McCutchen, Jordan Hicks, Cavan Biggio to Twins for Carlos Gonzalez, Jose Martinez, Jorge Soler
OOPSS

Nationals traded Ryon Healy to Athletics for Trevor Richards

Post by OOPSS »

Nationals traded Ryon Healy to Athletics for Trevor Richards
OOPSS

Tigers traded Jake Arrieta, Odubel Herrera, Adam 17-Haseley to Phillies for Jon Lester, Ian Happ, Harrison Bader

Post by OOPSS »

Tigers traded Jake Arrieta, Odubel Herrera, Adam 17-Haseley to Phillies for Jon Lester, Ian Happ, Harrison Bader
Cardinals

Re:

Post by Cardinals »

Rockies wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 am I'll try to remain brief in my explanation -

Lots of talk about any objections being disingenuous - and arguments saying Soto is the best player in the deal. That's disingenuous to me. He might be
eventually
Eventually didn’t take too long.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
OOPSS

Reds traded Jasrado 15-Chisholm, Hendrik 0-Clementina to Athletics for Michael Al Taylor, Cam Bedrosian, Dermis 0-Garcia

Post by OOPSS »

Reds traded Jasrado 15-Chisholm, Hendrik 0-Clementina to Athletics for Michael Al Taylor, Cam Bedrosian, Dermis 0-Garcia
OOPSS

Twins traded A.J. Pollock, Daniel Mengden, Ben 15-Meyer to Rockies for Joc Pederson, Anthony Alford, Mitch Keller, Shane

Post by OOPSS »

Twins traded A.J. Pollock, Daniel Mengden, Ben 15-Meyer to Rockies for Joc Pederson, Anthony Alford, Mitch Keller, Shane 17-Baz
OOPSS

BlueJays traded Jonathan Lucroy, Seranthony Dominguez, JoJo 16-Romero to Phillies for Michael Brantley, Trevor 17-Stepha

Post by OOPSS »

BlueJays traded Jonathan Lucroy, Seranthony Dominguez, JoJo 16-Romero to Phillies for Michael Brantley, Trevor 17-Stephan
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Re: Pirates/Astros Trade Approved

Post by Pirates »

Rockies wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 4:19 pm
Dodgers wrote:Pirates trades Forrest Wall, David Fletcher, Juan 15-Soto, to Astros for Gregory Polanco, Ian Happ, Zack 0-Littell,
I'm going to interject here and say this trade doesn't look good IMO. I'd like to bring this up for possible vote.
Veto.

Return to “Trade Approvals”