Lucky...

Bren Dillon's blog

Moderator: Angels

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Lucky...

Post by Royals »

Going into the fourth quarter of yesterday's game, I told my friends that I was watching the game with that two years ago, i would have expected Brady to win this game from this situation. This year, I didn't have that certainty, the team hadn't played from behind all season, I didn't know if they had it in them.
I also told them that I didn't think the pats deserved to win that game if they did somehow pull it off, that they didn't earn the W. When it was all over, I was so relieved and still didn't think the Pats had really deserved to win.
Later, as I thought about the game I realized somethings...
The Patriots had played one of the worst game in their history as far as penalties (some deserved, others being flat out crap).
They caught very few, if any, breaks.
They were in the most hostile stadium of any team they play.
They were down 10 points with just a little over half of a quarter to go in the game against one of the best defenses in the NFL, a team that was and remains unquestionably one of the top 2 teams in the NFL, by a lot.
Everything was stacked against them... and they still won. They made the big plays when they needed to and beat the second best team in the NFL in their Dome, in front of their fans...
With this W tucked in their belt... are they really going to rewrite the history books? Who can stop them? They couldn't even stop themselves, even though it seemed at times they were trying (Matt Light...)
It's going to be an exciting ride, one way or another.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Before you crown them the greatest team of all time, remember, Anthony Gonzalez seperated his thumb on the first play of the game and that's why he was dropping balls later on. Colts should've won but didn't, but can beat the Pats. The Colts had 2 healthy WRs and Aaron Moorehead is a #3 at best. If they should meet in January, I like the Colts chances, especially if they're healthy
Royals

Post by Royals »

Cardinals wrote:Before you crown them the greatest team of all time, remember, Anthony Gonzalez separated his thumb on the first play of the game and that's why he was dropping balls later on. Colts should've won but didn't, but can beat the Pats. The Colts had 2 healthy WRs and Aaron Moorehead is a #3 at best. If they should meet in January, I like the Colts chances, especially if they're healthy
Sorry... can you repeat that, I couldn't hear it over all the piped in noise and my headset wasn't working...
oh.... boohoo injuries boo hoo... welcome to the NFL sissies. You didn't hear Pats fans crying about not having Seau OR Harrison in the AFC championship game last season, nor would you have heard us making excuses about not having Sammy Morris (knock him all you want, dude produced).
Colts should have won? Of course they should have won, they had the officials on their team too!
The Colts won't have Sony's Best Sound Effects on their side next time. And before you buy into the CBS nonsense, might want to look into why you could hear it on the Patriots radio broadcast and why it was reportedly heard inside the stadium as well. Then, of course, there are the allegations in the past by other teams... but no, the Colts wouldn't do anything like that!
Astros

Post by Astros »

I'm not using injuries as an excuse. Colts should've won, they didn't. Pats came back, scored, forced a turnover because Charlie Johnson is a terrible offensive lineman and can't block me. Pats are beatable, there's no more aura about them being unstoppable. And as for the piped in noise, that was the CBS audio screwing up
Royals

Post by Royals »

The Pats had just about everything go against them and STILL the Colts couldn't win. You think the Aura's gone? That's only because you're wearing bluetinged glasses and can't see it. Every team, every fan, saw the Colts give the Pats everything they had and still come up short. The Pats are without question the best team in the NFL and te Colts are unquestionably second-best.

If by CBS you mean the Colts Broadcasting System then yes, the CBS audio did screw up.
"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."
Except it was heard by Kraft inside the stadium and also heard on the radio broadcast. the Colts should just fess up, take whatever penalty is handed down (if any, I doubt there would be one), and move on. That's what they'd do if they were half as classy as everyone claims... although, if they really were as classy as everyone claims then they wouldn't be doing it in the first place.
Astros

Post by Astros »

Hmmm, who's word should I take on this, the NFL's or Brens? Oh heck, I'll just go with what Bren says cause when has he ever been wrong? When the Pats lose, are you gonna break your neck jumping off their bandwagon like you did with the Sox in 04?
Royals

Post by Royals »

Yeah, because the NFL has never Jumped at Bill Polian's word before (Rules changes anyone?). Nor has it ever been suggested by anyone that the NLF has shown a willingness to swiftly cover up questionable behavior by its premier franchises.

Maybe the Pats will lose in the playoffs... but there was nothing that happened in that game yesterday to suggest that they will (aside from another possible 'donation' to the NFL Officials 'Retirement Fund' by Polian that is...).

The Pats are clearly the better team and everyone knows it. Well, everyone but Colts homers like yourself who make excuses, claim they 'should have won' (if they should have won then they would have) and otherwise ignore the fact that the Colts were flat out outplayed when it mattered most. It wasn't moorhead who blew it in the last 1/8th of the game... it was Manning and the Colts' D.
And in the time between now and the next time the Pats and Colts meet, Brady will shatter the oh-so-precious TD record, very likely have an undefeated season (the chances of an undefeated season jumped to 6 in 10 after yesterday's game) and remove the last vestiges (that's a fancy word for 'remains') of doubt that he is the superior quarterback.

"Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you..."
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

It was an incredible game. The Pats and Colts are clearly 1 and 1.5 in the NFL, but the penalty situation was ridiculous (particularly that 50 yard PI call on Ellis Hobbs at the goalline, I think the official just assumed that since Hobbs isn't very good he couldn't possibly have covered Wayne on that route legally). Honestly the Patriots defensive gameplan I thought was very weak, they spent too much time in deep zones and didn't get enough heat on Manning so that he could throw the underneath passes to open receivers which kept sustaining drives. If they had played more of a Cover 1 look that kept someone in the flats to take those passes away the game would have been more lopsided. That being said, the Colts clearly gave everything they had and lost, for years Brady never had any receivers and still beat the Colts, so to say that we shouldn't blame Manning because he didn't have recievers is especially weak.

Return to “Whale's Vagina Monologue”