David Ortiz with Seth Meyers

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

David Ortiz with Seth Meyers

Post by Royals »

“I’m a little embarrassed to say this, but it’s also very true – the 2004 Red Sox are the most important team in my life,” Meyers said. “[They] made me be able to be a human being, and stop watching every second of every baseball game in my life.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/david-orti ... -late-nigh
Nailed it.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I've never found Seth Meyers funny at all. He just comes across as a pompous ass. Fallon couldn't stay in character but he's been good on the Tonight Show. I just don't understand Meyers appeal at all
Royals

Post by Royals »

Cardinals wrote:I've never found Seth Meyers funny at all. He just comes across as a pompous ass. Fallon couldn't stay in character but he's been good on the Tonight Show. I just don't understand Meyers appeal at all
I don't think there's anyone on Late Night worth watching in general, but Myers nailed this for Boston fans.
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Absolutely nailed it. Being free to do other things and only half-watch the Sox at night has been life-changing.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

BlueJays wrote:Absolutely nailed it. Being free to do other things and only half-watch the Sox at night has been life-changing.
Somewhere, John Henry is pissed they ever won...
Brewers
Name: Jared Cloutier

Re: David Ortiz with Seth Meyers

Post by Brewers »

Padres wrote:
“I’m a little embarrassed to say this, but it’s also very true – the 2004 Red Sox are the most important team in my life,” Meyers said. “[They] made me be able to be a human being, and stop watching every second of every baseball game in my life.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/david-orti ... -late-nigh
Nailed it.
In some ways I kinda miss it but yes, its nice to just be a fan for the first time in my life.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Tigers wrote:
BlueJays wrote:Absolutely nailed it. Being free to do other things and only half-watch the Sox at night has been life-changing.
Somewhere, John Henry is pissed they ever won...
I had a similar thought.

Return to “IBC Forum”