Brett Cecil

Moderator: Executive Committee

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Brett Cecil

Post by Cardinals »

From Pat G:
Can you chat w/ exco on this one? Cecil got hurt during the ALDS and apparently hasn't been completely shut down, though I thought he was. I believe they have replaced him on the roster for the next series, but it looks like he's not a completely lost cause for the World Series.
Translated to September IBC rules, it seems he would remain active. Translated to April-August IBC rules, I guess I could make the case he would be DTD if they're playing (max) 7 games until the World Series. I understand both sides of the argument, but I'd just like to see what exco thinks. Our injury rules are kind of a fine line, so just wanted to see the thinking.

Thanks,

PG

Brett Cecil (calf) reiterated Wednesday that he is aiming to be ready for the World Series.
Cecil tore his left calf muscle during a rundown with Mike Napoli in Game 2 of the ALDS, but he was throwing in the outfield ahead of Game 5 on Wednesday in Toronto and the left-hander remains optimistic despite some pretty long odds. "I told the trainers in Texas, I’m going to pitch in the World Series," Cecil said Wednesday. "These guys are more than good enough to make it to that point, and I’m going to do everything I can to be ready for it."
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Fwiw, I don't think he has an argument to stand on.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

He's not playing in the ALCS. He got taken off the roster, so Toronto thinks he can't play, why should we think otherwise?
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Out for LCS, willing to revisit if he comes back for WS but if Jays don't make it then out for good.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

I agree with what Shawn said.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Dodgers wrote:Out for LCS, willing to revisit if he comes back for WS but if Jays don't make it then out for good.
Yep ...

Return to “ExCo General”