My New Company

Brett Zalaski's blog

Moderator: Yankees

Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

My New Company

Post by Yankees »

The Twins, New York Cosmos, FanMaker, and Houston Dynamo will go on clients page when I complete training with them in June.

Let me know what you think...rolled out to family and friends yesterday, hitting you all and Facebook today, and then the public on Monday.

http://getafteritsales.com
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Congrats Z! Hope this venture is as good at succeeding as the 2014 Nats are at failing!
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

Good luck with this venture buddy! Cheers.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

More power to ya' Z ... balls out to the wall and keep in mind that what you decided to do is an endurance event. I know it is a clique but keep your eyes (mind, heart and soul) on your long term goal and don't let the speed bumps discourage you ...
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Yankees

Post by Yankees »

New video blog post...please help me get page views up. Feel free to make fun of me.

http://getafteritsales.com/category/get-after-it-sales/
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

Nationals wrote:New blog post...kind of a fun one:

Alright, I just clicked on it a bunch of times for you. You should have gotten a little boost in site visits.

Can't figure out why I don't want to work very hard on Friday the 13th!
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

The Tao of Sports is one of the top podcasts in sports business...and for some reason they asked me to be on it. Check it out if you have a few minutes and have no clue what it is that I do...

http://sportstao.com/ep-368-brett-zalas ... -it-sales/
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

For those who think technology and sports are cool, I'd urge you to check out my latest blog post with the VP of Ticket Sales & Service for the Sacramento Kings. What they are doing is fascinating...

On a personal note, between November, December, and January I'm confirmed to be in, and finalizing dates for, NYC (will be 11/5-11/12 & 11/20), Washington DC (December/January), Sacramento (January 5-9), San Jose (January), and maybe England (December/January), Philly (November/December) and Minnesota (December) for work. I'll post the dates when they are 100% confirmed.

The blog post gets about 250 hits per general post, and 500 hits for 5 Questions With... - pretty crazy for just starting, and I've had 5 inbound leads through my site. I couldn't be more excited about the general feedback.

Plus, on a personal note, I've got from a 20 handicap to ~12 this summer.
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Nationals wrote:For those who think technology and sports are cool, I'd urge you to check out my latest blog post with the VP of Ticket Sales & Service for the Sacramento Kings. What they are doing is fascinating...

On a personal note, between November, December, and January I'm confirmed to be in, and finalizing dates for, NYC (will be 11/5-11/12 & 11/20), Washington DC (December/January), Sacramento (January 5-9), San Jose (January), and maybe England (December/January), Philly (November/December) and Minnesota (December) for work. I'll post the dates when they are 100% confirmed.

The blog post gets about 250 hits per general post, and 500 hits for 5 Questions With... - pretty crazy for just starting, and I've had 5 inbound leads through my site. I couldn't be more excited about the general feedback.

Plus, on a personal note, I've got from a 20 handicap to ~12 this summer.
When you are in Sacramento, hit me up and we can grab a couple of beers.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Rockies

Post by Rockies »

Where's Denver on that list Z.. Do I have to go kick Stan's ass?
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Yea - I'm going to keep running the calendar out so if people see I'm in/near market, would love to catch up.

Nate - if their budget passes, I'll be in February. Should find out in the next 2-4 weeks.
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

So I thought about making a new post off of this, but I said fuck it since it was 2am and I am slightly drunk.

So it was great meeting up with Z, pretty sure we drank enough for one night and likely could have drank more if not for the fact that he was drinking all week long.

So it was a great time overall, amusing to chat about other league members and the silliness they do including our own moves. Besides that had a great time showing him around Sacramento, especially since he loves to show off his salesman self and likely hooked up his friend with a little hottie, though he better not fuck that up at the King's game tomorrow otherwise I will be sad.

Should be a great time next year down at the AFL when I get to meet more of you guys.

PS: Hamlin when you were in Cali we should have went out drinking, seeing the fun I had with Z, sure we could have had the same.

PSS: This league is way more fun when we don't discuss politics, though it was amusing since Z and I did it after we were smashed and at the end of the night so no love lost.

PSSS: Nate, you can'y bring your kid to the AFL, if we are going to have atleast a dozen guys down in Phoenix for a crazy baseball week, pretty sure you are going to want that to be like LV, what happens there stays there.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Definitely was a fun night. All the above is true for sure.

I've officially drank and talked my way through Sacramento...fun city.
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Gents - so my business has kind of blown up in the last 7-8 months, which is genuinely exciting. I was home for 4 days in January, and got the opportunity to spend time with the A's and Red Sox sales teams during that time.

Here's me on a podcast, so please check it out. - http://sportstao.com/ep-604-brett-zalas ... rit-sales/
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

I've got a new website and a new logo. Please check it out...would love feedback on it. Feel free to do it here, PM, or over email.

My MLB clientele has been talking me up, so I will be hitting up a few MLB teams through the end of this year (including the Red Sox again in 2 weeks).

http://www.getafteritsales.com/
Rockies

Post by Rockies »

Nationals wrote:I've got a new website and a new logo. Please check it out...would love feedback on it. Feel free to do it here, PM, or over email.

My MLB clientele has been talking me up, so I will be hitting up a few MLB teams through the end of this year (including the Red Sox again in 2 weeks).

http://www.getafteritsales.com/
You need to check spelling and formatting of the text on your home page.
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

Agreed, overuse of commas, throughout.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

- In the "What our clients are saying" section, you might want to increase the delay between slides. Not nearly enough time for someone to read client comments before the next slide comes up, and those comments are really strong.

- You might consider moving the blurb about the logo down somewhere closer to the bottom (as more of an interesting factoid/ anecdote) and moving up "About our Training" to near the top/ immediately after "Our Mentality." That way it'll flow a little more naturally with the very strong quotes in the "What Our Clients are Saying" section moved up and immediately following the "Our Clients" section.

- Maybe use the logo at the top of the first page instead of the text "Get After It Sales Training" with the "Empowering..." slogan below it.

- The translucent logo in the image of the woman at the top is clipped.

- Although the pics all look good and fit well with the content, some images are higher resolution than others and it'd look a little cleaner if the venue scene and your head shot were as sharp as the pic of you training salespeople at the top.

Nice site that's clear, concise and easy to navigate though. I also dig the new logo. Hope at least some of that is helpful.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Appreciated. I'm off vacation this week, so will be checking it out.

Return to “The Hunt for Red October”