Red Sox 2014 Draft

Patrick Tullar's blog

Moderator: RedSox

RedSox
Name: Patrick Tullar

Red Sox 2014 Draft

Post by RedSox »

#31 Gonzalez, Miguel - Cuban. Should sim. Can't beat getting a usable guy in the second round and he's only 27.

#38 Stanek, Ryne - College guy, could move quickly. + FB, + SL

#39 Crawford, Jonathon - College guy, could move quickly. + FB, + SL

#67 Lorenzen, Michael - College guy, low milage arm. Could have been drafted as an OF. Set team record with 35 saves. Will get a chance to start. Has two fallbacks - RP and OF. ++ FB, potential + slurve

#69 Hollon, Clinton - First HS guy. BP and Toronto fan sites are pushing him. BA says + athlete, + FB, + SL, potential above average CB and CH. Most likely to jump into top 10 TOR next year.

#81 Ziomek, Kevin - Ziomek's scouting reports all read the same. 88-92 FB, okay command, no separating secondaries. He's a northern states pitcher, pitched in a big name college program, only gave up 79 hits in 119 innings this year, and had a 14-1 GB rate in his first taste of pro ball. Kind of a wildcard.

#99 Eades, Ryan - Low 90's fastball, bit of deception in a stiff delivery that lets him slip that fastball by college hitters up in the zone. Pretty much no projection left but solid floor and could move quickly. Good pick at #99. BA and BP both had him in the 30's.

#144[/b]
Last edited by RedSox on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedSox
Name: Patrick Tullar

Post by RedSox »

Rolling recap -

So far it's been letting the draft come to me. Surprised Gonzalez fell to me in the second round. Looked at a couple of the Latin signs with #38-9 but with two big armed college guys still on the board a third of the way into the second round, had to go there. Stanek was #11 and Crawford was #19 on the BA board. #67 & 69 rolled around and I'd narrowed it down to Lorenzen and Hollon. Went with the college arm first and Hollon second. Turns out Jim considered Hollon at #68 but ultimately went OF instead.

Return to “The Devil Inside”