Cardinals offseason

Home of your relocated 5-time World Series champions

Moderator: Cardinals

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Cardinals offseason

Post by Cardinals »

I'll always love David Freese forever and ever, but getting Bourjos and Grichuk for Freese and Salas is borderline criminal. Freese has zero range left at 3B, and whether or not you believe single-season defensive metrics, he was the worst defensive 3B in baseball last year, worse than Cabrera.

Bourjos is a nice piece, and if he's healthy, can probably be a 3-5 win player. FanGraphs had a good article on it (http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/cardinal ... r-bourjos/), he should hopefully see his offensive numbers rise if he bats 8th, which he should. And it gives them some speed, too.

Now to get a shortstop.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Jerry Dipoto can't be this stupid...that is why I say fuck Arte Moreno and his bad spending ways...and if it was Dipoto's doing...then fuck him too for being an idiot, Bourjos and Grichuk could get you more than a shitty range 3B that might hit.

By the way, I am a Giants fan but I hate stupidity...and this following the Hamilton and Pujol's signings is just a compounding issue in my opinion, since all on their own could potentially be justifiable but together look like a waste of money and talent.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I'm thrilled. I'll always love Freese, but on every pop up I screamed USE 2 HANDS! He was awful in the field, he's an old 30 and I think he'll fall off a cliff before too long. I'm always been high on Salas but he's average at best. Nice move
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Well done, St. Louis. Now Grichuk might reach his potential...

Return to “Redbird Roost”