IBC Yanks: Trade Block

Jason Bornas's blog

Moderator: WhiteSox

WhiteSox
Name: Aaron Dorman

IBC Yanks: Trade Block

Post by WhiteSox »

Hey guys,

Looking to make some deals to gear up for my run at back to back titles. At the same time I am also looking at the long term and could use some help there as well.
PM & Gchat (yankees@ibcleague.com) work best.

Playoff Run:

- My main need at the moment is a corner outfielder with good on-base skills as well as some power. Defense is always a plus. What he is doing in real life is not a huge concern to me at the moment as long as he is healthy. More interested in the projection this year.
- Bullpen help. Ideally looking for a LH reliever that can shut-down left handed batters. Would also consider other RPs if the sim was good enough.
- Bench help: Looking for a right handed bat that could be used a pinch hitter. Also wouldn't mind a utility infielder who could also PH (2B/3B eligibility would be a plus)

Long term:

- Looking for an OF (LF, RF, or CF) that could become a fixture in my lineup for years to come. (If he happens to have a good sim for this year even better)
- 3B prospect: Looking for someone who might still be a few years away, but is highly regarded and has a chance to become a good every day major leaguer.
- Good young arms: Like most of us I wouldn't mind acquiring a few more high upside arms (starter or reliever) that has a chance to help down the road
- Good prospects / High picks: Like most of us I like good young talent.

Block:

Here is a list of some of the players / picks available. Hopefully there is a little bit for everyone. Please keep in mind that not all of these players carry the same value.

Jose Altuve (2B) - One of my favorite new additions to the squad. This is a guy who might be short, but hits everywhere he goes (including his brief stint in the MLB so far). I'd love to keep him, but he is blocked by Cano (perhaps my favorite player and a cornerstone of the IBC Yanks) so I will at least consider offers on him.

Julio Borbon / Andy Dirks (OF) - Both young OFs with decent upside who could help a team looking to rebuild

Todd Helton (1B) - Having a nice bounce back year (.311 / .396 / .478) could help a team down the stretch (decent sim) or could be a nice piece for next season.

Josh Lindblom (RP / SP) - Having a nice year in the pen for the Dodgers in AA as well as his brief stop in the bigs. Also has a decent SP projection for this year if that matters to anyone.

Ryan Ludwick (OF) - Finally out of Petco, might be worth taking a shot on

Zach McAllister (SP) - Having a nice year in AAA, just about ready for his shot in the big leagues.

Round 1 pick (NYY & SF) - Both picks project to be towards the end of round 1, but this is one of the deepest drafts in memory so there will be some very nice talent available at these spots. Also available are my picks in round 3, 4, & 5 if there is interest.

Johan Santana (SP) - Rehabbing his way back for a late August / September return to the Mets. Has a killer sim for this year which could be a big help in the final weeks and in the playoffs. Also the sim should be plenty good enough for next year. Still only 32 years old.

Ichiro Suzuki (RF) - Having a down year, but still projects well this year and the name / career stats should at least help him get a good SIM for next year. Bounce back year next year is certainly possible which his style of game.

Freddy Garcia (SP) - Might be worth taking a chance on for a 5th starter type SP for next season.

C.J. Wilson (SP) - Good SIM for this year and not slowing down in the MLB this year. Should be a solid workhorse in anyone's rotation for the foreseeable future.

Most prospects - Willing to deal most prospects on my squad. However, Montero & Banuelos are not available.
WhiteSox

Post by WhiteSox »

Looking to deal at the deadline fellas....

AIM - maverickdmb
Gchat - yankees@ibcleague.com

Lets fire up some old school trade talk
WhiteSox

Post by WhiteSox »

Looking to deal at the deadline fellas....

AIM - maverickdmb
Gchat - yankees@ibcleague.com

Lets fire up some old school trade talk
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Maverickdmb on aim, that's a rare sighting.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Dont worry guys, he's not on his A game tonight with his Jedi Mind tricks...
Mariners
Name: Jagger

Post by Mariners »

J.B., I'll be awaiting your 'offers'.

Paul (Fall River, MA): Is Jose Campos a future No.1?

J.J. Cooper: We're very loathe to throw a No. 1 on a guy who has yet to pitch full-season ball, but he has the tools to be a front-end of the rotation guy. Ben Badler keeps repeating that he could be the key to the Yankees-Mariners deal in the long run.

Jose Campos, rhp
Born: July 27, 1992. B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-4. Wt.: 200. Signed: Venezuela, 2009. Signed by: Emilio Carrasquel/Patrick Guerrero (Mariners).

Background: Campos originally tried to join the Cardinals, but the signing never became official because his parents refused to sign the contract. When the Mariners offered slightly more money at $115,000, he signed in January 2009. A cousin of big leaguers Alcides and Kelvim Escobar, Campos led the short-season Northwest League in ERA (2.32) and strikeouts (85) in his 2011 U.S. debut. He went to the Yankees along with Michael Pineda in a January 2012 trade that sent Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi to Seattle.

Scouting Report: Campos' fastball operates at 92-95 mph and has been clocked as high as 98. For a youngster, he has advanced feel for pitching off his fastball and locating it. His heater has deception, angle and life. Just a thrower when he first got to Everett last summer, he really grew as a pitcher. Campos' hard curveball and his changeup show flashes of becoming plus pitches. They both lack consistency but improved as he cleaned up his delivery midway through the season. Earlier in 2011, he was landing stiff and upright, throwing with just his arm. Now he lands on a softer front leg and gets more extension out front. He shows great poise on the mound and fills the strike zone.

The Future: The Yankees targeted Pineda to upgrade their rotation, and Campos gives them a second potential frontline starter down the road. He'll advance to low Class A this season.
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

The Yankees targeted Pineda to upgrade their rotation

Jagger....you'll have to get in line. :lol:

Return to “Evil Empire Blog”