Injuries/Delay

Moderator: Executive Committee

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Injuries/Delay

Post by Cardinals »

I was talking to Shawn about this a few days ago, and probably should sort it out entirely. I think we should handle injuries the same way, despite simming from behind for a bit. Longoria is pretty much a perfect example, sadly.

The Rays placed Longo on the DL today, which is obviously Sunday. If we had the projection disc already, Longoria would be eligible for this upcoming sim week. Therefore, I should get to play him for the first weekend series and first week of the year, and then obviously, benched. yeah, he was DL'd before our season began, but our season should have been underway already.

Anybody who was placed on the DL from Thursday-Saturday should be eligible for the first series, but not the first full sim week, and everybody placed on the DL Wednesday or earlier should be out immediately.

Thoughts? It's consistent with our injury schedule, which is really the main thing I try to achieve. And no, I'm not just trying to keep Longoria in the lineup, but this just seems like the obvious solution for everybody, and the easiest to track.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Reds

Post by Reds »

Sounds like a good plan to me. No point in altering the rules from the norm.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Agree with this strategy, DL violations are inexcusable for big name guys in my opinion.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

That'll work
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Okay with me but we ought to remind folks to avoid confusion. The SIM should be caught up by this weekend so hopefully this will be a short-term issue.

Return to “ExCo General”