You want to trade with me

Dan Vacek's blog

Moderator: Orioles

Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

You want to trade with me

Post by Orioles »

No, no Jedi mind shit. Here are some of the players I've dealt away for not enough back since moving to Florida in 2008. I've tried (and failed) to re-acquire about 1/2 of them since dealing them away:

Hunter Pence, RF
Scott Hairston, LF
Gio Gonzalez, SP
Chris Johnson, 3B
Dillon Gee, SP
Jhoulys Chacin, SP
Scott Sizemore, 2B
J.P. Arencibia, C
Bradley Emaus, 2B
Chris Coghlan, LF

Here are some of the "players" I received in exchange for the above dealt away:

Elijah Dukes, OF (Prison. On the run. Who knows.)
Ron Mahay, MR (Released)
Roy Corcoran MR (Really? for Chris Johnson? Argh. Released)
Ryan Church, RF (FA... who just needs the ABs. Somewhere Ryan Church is sitting in a dark room drawing horns on pictures of Jerry Manuel and petitioning MLB to recognize "Teams/AB" as a legit stat and him as #2 all-time, just behind Nick Johnson, who's gaining).
J.R. House, C (Released)
Cyle Hankerd, LF (Released)
Mike Adams, MR (the only good player on this list, who I released when he was injured a year and a half ago. total shitfuck.)

I also stupidly released Jeremy Affeldt this off-season for some Dominican arm I dropped already, so even if the player looks like a key role player without much depth behind him, toss him into an offer b/c maybe I'll be drunk, or will like the tools of the sociopath you have on the table and overlook his criminal history because he can play CF.

Main points here are:

1. I should avoid making trades, and never, ever never not ever trade for relief pitching again. (I didn't say closer though. Might deal for one of those.)

2. You want to trade with me, especially if you have one of the guys listed above, or someone who became good after I released them. Tough time letting go. Sniffle.

3. I'm bored (and possibly drunk) and interested in dealing for a LH or switch-hitting bat at 1B, CF or RF who's at least average defensively, and maybe a frontline LH SP, maybe closer, but there's probably someone else who will pay more for whatever closer you have available, so unlikely but possible if I love the guy, or am drunk (as previously mentioned). Would move Aramis Ramirez for an upgrade at the position, or in a deal to upgrade elsewhere and return solid defensive/ av offense 3B.

Available:

Buehrle, Mark
Burnett, A.J.
Castro, Ramon
De La Rosa, Jorge
Farnsworth, Kyle
Hernandez, Ramon
Kinsler, Ian
Matsui, Hideki
Ortiz, David
Peguero, Francisco
Ramirez, Aramis
Soto, Geovany
Span, Denard
Wheeler, Dan

10-Adam, Jason
10-Bettis, Chad
10-Blair, Kyle
10-Cisco, Drew
10-Harvey, Matt
10-Landry, Leon
10-Parker, Jarrett
8-Cosart, Jarred
8-Lara, Braulio
8-Oberholtzer, Brett
8-Ozuna, Marcell
8-Surkamp, Eric
9-Choi, Ji-Man
9-Givens, Mychal
9-Santana, Domingo
9-Singleton, Jonathan
0-Cabrera, Alberto
0-Cruz, Joseph
0-Flores, Wilmer

On this list you will not find Carl Crawford. That's because I was like Superfan #1 when he played for the bad guys (who will catch a whuppin' this year and remember why they needed a decade of #1 picks to compete in the division). Now that he's being the best all-around player at his position for the good guys, I think we should crown him King of Earth and project a line of .462/.592/.749 with a million triples and 2 million stolen bases. That's a super high VORP, or WARP factor I'm pretty sure, so I'm not likely to move him. Tulo, Verlander and Scherzer are all unlikely, but everybody who's not king of earth has a price. Except maybe Wil Myers, who might add the title "force of nature" or "living god" if he gets the same or better projection as before and still rates defensively at C on the final ZiPs build.

Not looking to create gaping holes here, so if a regular is included in the offer I'd either need a replacement or have to have an obvious one on my roster. Guys who I might deal w/ out needing a replacement at their pos would be Ortiz, Matsui, Span, obv any prospects. De La Rosa, Buehrle, Burnett I'm only likely to deal to upgrade at LH SP.

Send an offer along and I'll get back with a response and a counter-offer if it doesn't work for me.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

You can overpay for for Chacin if you'd like
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Phillies wrote:You can overpay for for Chacin if you'd like
There's a distinct possibility I'm willing to. Even w/ in the division. I'll PM.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Reds

Post by Reds »

I have Pence and your welcome to overpay for him as well.

Return to “Orioles”