IBC Rivalries?

Home of your relocated 5-time World Series champions

Moderator: Cardinals

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

So almost one in every division. Not too bad.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Yankees wrote:I always enjoyed beating up on Bren, then he got scared and had to run away from the AL Beast...
Let's see... in 7 trips to the playoffs, you've gotten to the big dance once, and gotten out of the first round maybe two other times?
Meanwhile in three trips to the playoffs, I've made the WS twice and went to G7 in the LCS the other time. Believe me, there was and is no fear, I just got tired of being cockblocked by you then watching you blow it rounding first every single time. I'd say I look forward to stepping on you in the playoffs, but you'll just trip over your own shoelaces in the first round again.

I expect Nils and I will have a pretty good rivalry. I'm not one who is big on Netplay, but in matchups with Nils... I think I'll be making an exception there.

Then again, given that I've gotten in heated arguments with pretty much everyone in the league, there aren't many GM's I couldn't have a good rivalry with.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Cubs wrote:
Pirates wrote:I will also say that I like beating up on Gabe. And I'd love to beat Nils in the playoffs too for some revenge. Shouldn't be too hard to do either this year but hey.
Aaron, Nils, myself.... Wow, is being an IBC Champion a requirement to become one of your rivals or is it just one of the perks?
I thre him out of the league twice and somehow I don't get a mention...
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

I'm pretty sure I quit every time I left the league and didn't get booted
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Royals

Post by Royals »

Pirates wrote:I'm pretty sure I quit every time I left the league and didn't get booted
I definitely tossed you once and at east incted you to leave the other time.
Plus I beat you in your only IBC World Series.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

I don't remember you tossing me, but you were basically the cause of me quitting whenever I did so if that makes you feel better then sure.

You beat me in my only IBC WS, but if there were H2H then that wouldn't have happened. If you really want to go 0-6 or 0-7 vs me this year, I'll be glad to make that happen since you seem intent on getting your ass kicked by me.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

So we've got
PIT/STL
PIT/CHC
PIT/SF
PIT/SD - just for you Bren.
STL/CHC
STL/ATL
STL/SD (Ok, I'm adding that because Bren and Aaron have gone at it how many times?)
AZ/SD
SF/SD
KC/CLE
TB/BOS
LAA/OAK
LAA/LAD - I'm adding this one on account of Shawn calling out Dave earlier this Winter.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Royals

Post by Royals »

Pirates wrote:So we've got
PIT/STL
PIT/CHC
PIT/SF
PIT/SD - just for you Bren.
STL/CHC
STL/ATL
STL/SD (Ok, I'm adding that because Bren and Aaron have gone at it how many times?)
AZ/SD
SF/SD
KC/CLE
TB/BOS
LAA/OAK
LAA/LAD - I'm adding this one on account of Shawn calling out Dave earlier this Winter.
Aaron an I go at it over politics a lot, but Aaron has typically had my back on the important stuff as it relates to the IBC when I was Commish. I don't consider him a rival at all.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Okay, off the list then.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22

Return to “Redbird Roost”