2010 Top 10's

Brett Zalaski's blog

Moderator: Yankees

Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

2010 Top 10's

Post by Yankees »

Top 10 Prospects:
Quickly: This is not a very strong list to be kind. One of the biggest reasons is, at the moment, my entire 40 man roster will be in the SIM for 2010 - and, as you can see in the below, not especially old. The list is filled with medium ceiling-likely to reach players (Kobernus, Maya, Farquhar, Bianchi, Pucetas, and Gray), and a couple high ceiling-not likely to reach players (Cain, Sample, Guerra).

1. Jeffrey Kobernus
2. Yuniesky Maya
3. Danny Farquhar
4. Lorenzo Cain
5. Jeff Bianchi
6. Tyler Sample
7. Kevin Pucetas
8. Deolis Guerra
9. Jeff Gray
10. Tony Delmonico

Top 10 Under 30:
Quickly: Well this is more likely. I tend to really enjoy players who have a solid obp/power combination, and that can be seen with Cruz, Swisher, Napoli, and Prado - all of whom walk and provide plus power at their respective positions. The list is back-ended by two Yankee relieving arms, both with terrific peripherals - and Aceves giving us some starting opportunities. My favorite part of the list is the 4 starters on it (Chris Young just missed the deadline). Cain is an ace-type pitcher of whom it would take a small army to get from me. Feldman, Morton, and Ohlendorf are all not tremendously heralded, but each is young, offers very different arsenals, and all are coming off tremendously successful first runs through the MLB. The last two years I've missed the playoffs because injuries crushed my depth - this year will be a talent miss, if anything.

1. Matt Cain
2. Nelson Cruz
3. Nick Swisher
4. Mike Napoli
5. Martin Prado
6. Scott Feldman
7. Charlie Morton
8. Ross Ohlendorf
9. David Robertson
10. Alfredo Aceves

Return to “The Hunt for Red October”