Winter League idea

Moderator: Executive Committee

Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Winter League idea

Post by Astros »

Okay, I ran this by JP around the start of the year and I figured I would go ahead and throw it out here.

Every year someone tries to do a winter league, and about 1/3 of the league pays attention and thats it. People blow it off because its their players, it counts for nothing and really don't give them any idea of how the season will go. So, what I'm going to propose is something totally different.

We do an All Time Team winter league. Everyone picks one season of 25 players in the history of their franchise and that is their team. No injuries, no roster moves, no clones, no trades. What you bring to the table is what you have. Sure it'll suck for the newer franchises but this is just something to do for the winter and something I think that will create a lot of interest. If we decide to do this we could have rosters due like, September 1 or something and try to have a database ready by late November.

So say, for the Astros, you wouldn't say Jeff Bagwell at first, Mike Scott as one of the SP, it'd be 1994 Jeff Bagwell, 1986 Mike Scott, ect.

Thoughts?
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Interesting idea, but who's going to make the database? 30x25 = entering 750 players. I'm not sure people are necessarily going to pay attention, winter just seems to be a break from baseball stuff for some of the guys.

Return to “ExCo General”