Rocco Baldelli

Moderator: Executive Committee

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Rocco Baldelli

Post by Cardinals »

I've run this over with Shawn and Brett and will (obviously) be throwing it out at the rest of you guys. Sea called Tex out on a DL violation with Baldelli two weeks ago for a Monday game. Texas informed me on Monday that he had already played H2H with Oak so I just installed that stat file instead of his MP, figuring that the new stat file/MP would be the updated one anyway. I simmed Monday's games, Baldelli played Monday, meaning, Texas had played h2h in advance (which he told me Hamlin told him that it was ok to play a game ahead, which it is not anyway....). That said, he did send a lineup with Baldelli out and I didn't install it with the H2H in mind.

Normally, I'd immediately wave off the DL penalty myself without having second thoughts in a situation like this, but since I traded for Baldelli two weeks ago or whatever I don't want to do that without running it by the rest of you. Baldelli shouldn't be penalized IMO and neither should Texas (in terms of number of violations.)
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Agree - no penalty.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Re: Rocco Baldelli

Post by Padres »

Pirates wrote: Baldelli shouldn't be penalized IMO and neither should Texas (in terms of number of violations.)
Okay - I agree.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

It seems a bit muddled, but from what I gather from it, there was no ill intent, so no penalty.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

fine by me

Return to “ExCo General”