Next year

Moderator: Executive Committee

Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Next year

Post by Astros »

So do we go ahead and state that if DMB has a projection disk next year that that's what we're going with? We might as well knock this outta the way while people are talking about it
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Re: Next year

Post by Padres »

Cardinals wrote:So do we go ahead and state that if DMB has a projection disk next year that that's what we're going with? We might as well knock this outta the way while people are talking about it
Agreed ...
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

if the dmb bastyards decide to issue a disk, let's roll with it. If there is no sign of it come november/december, we ought to start thinking of alternatives.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Sure. But I still think we need to look at alternatives regardless because DMB has proven to now be unreliable. If PECOTA had Splits and decided to issue a disc next year, I'd choose that any day over what DMB produces.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Pirates wrote:Sure. But I still think we need to look at alternatives regardless because DMB has proven to now be unreliable. If PECOTA had Splits and decided to issue a disc next year, I'd choose that any day over what DMB produces.
Most certainlt. But the odds that PECOTA has splits are approximately equal to me scoring with Natalie Portman.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

We should lay out our entire contingency plan beginning to end, and it should probably end with using the season disk.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Dodgers wrote:We should lay out our entire contingency plan beginning to end, and it should probably end with using the season disk.
I agree with this, but the middle isn't exactly shaded in yet. We should probably just say, DMB would be option #1 unless PECOTA comes out with Splits AND a database, which Andrew has a better chance of banging Natalie Portman than we do that. But we should probably say that we'll also look into other avenues besides ZiPS as well in the event DMB doesn't do anything. The fact that Nils wants an "edict" is a bit ridiculous, since there's no need for us to back ourselves into a corner presently, but at the same time we DO need to be thinking about it. Just not declaring anything.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22

Return to “ExCo General”