MLB Front Office Manager

Brett Zalaski's blog

Moderator: Yankees

Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

MLB Front Office Manager

Post by Yankees »

http://www.2ksports.com/games/mlbmanager

I'm as hard as a diamond in an ice storm.
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

I've read that its getting terrible reviews on another site I frequent... For what its worth, I'd say rent before buying.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Why did I get a Wii? The good games never come out for it
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

Is this like EA's Head Coach game? That bombed.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

The saving grace of that is that while it took me a while to get used to I actually play and Head Coach a lot more than Madden (for some reason the mechanics this year really bombed for me). That being said, Head Coach works partly because the interface is so great. If the FOM interface sucks as has been the complaint, then that's a real problem.
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

All right, I've got a few weeks of this under my belt - my response:

This game is fucking awesome. Sure, there are some glitches (extended rosters for minor league teams?), and some work involved (signing EVERYONE to a contract when the screen shifts back to the MLB roster every time you make an offer), but this game is just so freaking cool.

I turned the Nationals around in 5 years, and have now won 4 straight World Series - but I'm about to run into a HUGE problem.

I have 5 excellent starting pitchers, who I locked up with long-term contracts. Unfortunately, even with all the success, my budget has only gone from $68 mill to $84 mill. There's just no way I can afford these guys - and they all come up simultaneously except for one. Now I'm like the A's - I'm going to have to trade Mulder and Hudson, and keep around Zito.

The good news is that I can improve my offense now. I have like 3 guys locked up, but the other 6 is a rotating cast of cheap free agents, trade patches before the season, and rule 5 guys.

If you have made the purchase, I'd love to hear what others think.

If you haven't, I highly reco it...
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

You're the first person I've heard recommend this game.

But glad you like it. I haven't heard anything good about it, except your report.

I heard a lot of it is just too easy, like facilitating trades.. But that's 2nd hand information, so I don't know.

I think I will pass. I'd rather play the other 29 aholes in this league ;)
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Getting good prospects IS easy...

However, just like in real life, not all of them pan out. I've had quite a few trades where I've picked up a guy with a "potential" of 70 on the 20-80 scale, and he's still a 30 when he's 27.

Return to “The Hunt for Red October”