anyone still gonna pick the Pats?

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

anyone still gonna pick the Pats?

Post by DBacks »

Yahoo Sports' Michael Silver reports that Tom Brady will miss the rest of the season due to a torn ACL.

"Itís bad," a Patriots team source said. "Weíre going to have to play without him." Other sources told Silver that Brady's injury could include more ligament and cartilage damage. Silver is one of the best NFL reporters alive, and you have to trust him here. Fantasy owners should not make a move with Brady until it's confirmed elsewhere though. Obviously, it's devastating news for the entire Patriots offense.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Culpepper to Moss redux? It'd also be nice to see Chris Simms get a shot here. Biggest bummer is that for the first time ever I finally got Brady on my fantasy team. Something similar happened in 2005, first chance I ever got to get Barry Bonds on my fantasy baseball team. Oh well. How funny would it be if Cassel proves to be a better NFL QB than Leinart?
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

I'm disappointed. As much as I hate the Patriots, I wouldnt wish an injury like that on anybody. Now, it takes the fun out of rooting against New England. Watching Brady cry was half the thrill.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I think anyone can prove to be a better NFL QB than Leinart at this point. I mean its real easy to look good when you play in a shit conference and are surrounded with first round talent
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

The Pac-10 was a fine conference in Leinart's day (at least as good as the ACC and Big East), but those teams he had were utterly ridiculous. I'd argue that the third national championship team had more talent on it than any college team in history. It was nuts.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

I'll pick the Pats to win on Sunday. Superbowl? That's a stretch, but he wouldn't be the worst QB to win one (even recently). Soft schedule, great team around him (lightyears better than Brady had in '01) and a great coach... stranger things have happened.

Return to “The Cub Hub”