February 2024 Trades

Here you will find a history of approved trades.
OOPSS

February 2024 Trades

Post by OOPSS »

February 2024 Trades
OOPSS

Mets traded Kumar 22-Rocker, Carlos 21-Lagrange, 2023 Draft Pick 76 to Rays for Nick Castellanos, Dominic 21-Hamel, Jaco

Post by OOPSS »

Mets traded Kumar 22-Rocker, Carlos 21-Lagrange, 2023 Draft Pick 76 to Rays for Nick Castellanos, Dominic 21-Hamel, Jacob 22-Reimer
OOPSS

Yankees traded Miguel Sano, Angel Perdomo, 2023 Draft Pick 16 to Cardinals for Caden 22-Dana, 2023 Draft Pick 77, 2023 D

Post by OOPSS »

Yankees traded Miguel Sano, Angel Perdomo, 2023 Draft Pick 16 to Cardinals for Caden 22-Dana, 2023 Draft Pick 77, 2023 Draft Pick 20
OOPSS

Phillies traded Robert 20-Hassell III, 2023 Draft Pick 95 to Yankees for 2023 Draft Pick 68

Post by OOPSS »

Phillies traded Robert 20-Hassell III, 2023 Draft Pick 95 to Yankees for 2023 Draft Pick 68
OOPSS

Phillies traded 2023 Draft Pick 123 to Padres for Nolan 22-Perry

Post by OOPSS »

Phillies traded 2023 Draft Pick 123 to Padres for Nolan 22-Perry
OOPSS

Rays traded 2023 Draft Pick 47 to Guardians for Giovanny Gallegos

Post by OOPSS »

Rays traded 2023 Draft Pick 47 to Guardians for Giovanny Gallegos
OOPSS

WhiteSox traded 2023 Draft Pick 18 to Cardinals for Thomas 20-Saggese, Won-Bin 21-Cho

Post by OOPSS »

WhiteSox traded 2023 Draft Pick 18 to Cardinals for Thomas 20-Saggese, Won-Bin 21-Cho
OOPSS

Yankees traded Jordan Hicks, Brett Baty, Nick 20-Yorke, 2023 Draft Pick 20 to Giants for Isaac Paredes, Gregory Soto, 20

Post by OOPSS »

Yankees traded Jordan Hicks, Brett Baty, Nick 20-Yorke, 2023 Draft Pick 20 to Giants for Isaac Paredes, Gregory Soto, 2023 Draft Pick 34
OOPSS

Yankees traded Bryce Elder, 2023 Draft Pick 43 to Royals for 2023 Draft Pick 21

Post by OOPSS »

Yankees traded Bryce Elder, 2023 Draft Pick 43 to Royals for 2023 Draft Pick 21
OOPSS

Yankees traded Gavin 22-Cross, 2023 Draft Pick 21 to Braves for Davis 0-Schneider, 2023 Draft Pick 35

Post by OOPSS »

Yankees traded Gavin 22-Cross, 2023 Draft Pick 21 to Braves for Davis 0-Schneider, 2023 Draft Pick 35
OOPSS

Marlins traded Lyon 18-Richardson to Reds for Taylor Walls, 2023 Draft Pick 81

Post by OOPSS »

Marlins traded Lyon 18-Richardson to Reds for Taylor Walls, 2023 Draft Pick 81
OOPSS

Guardians traded Joel Payamps to Reds for Jake Fraley

Post by OOPSS »

Guardians traded Joel Payamps to Reds for Jake Fraley
OOPSS

Guardians traded Ramon Laureano to Rays for Daniel Lynch

Post by OOPSS »

Guardians traded Ramon Laureano to Rays for Daniel Lynch
OOPSS

Guardians traded Trevor Rogers, Termarr 22-Johnson, 2023 Draft Pick 28, Troy 22-Taylor to Giants for Jesus Luzardo, Gavi

Post by OOPSS »

Guardians traded Trevor Rogers, Termarr 22-Johnson, 2023 Draft Pick 28, Troy 22-Taylor to Giants for Jesus Luzardo, Gavin 20-Stone
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Re: Guardians traded Trevor Rogers, Termarr 22-Johnson, 2023 Draft Pick 28, Troy 22-Taylor to Giants for Jesus Luzardo,

Post by Astros »

OOPSS wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:51 pm Guardians traded Trevor Rogers, Termarr 22-Johnson, 2023 Draft Pick 28, Troy 22-Taylor to Giants for Jesus Luzardo, Gavin 20-Stone
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Re: February 2024 Trades

Post by Phillies »

After a year of inactivity until forced to make a draft pick, is it fair to question the motivation here? Is it wrong that my initial reaction was seeing this as a "sure Pat, you can have my ace for free, I don't care anymore" kind of trade?
Astros

Post by Astros »

Phillies wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:28 pm After a year of inactivity until forced to make a draft pick, is it fair to question the motivation here? Is it wrong that my initial reaction was seeing this as a "sure Pat, you can have my ace for free, I don't care anymore" kind of trade?
I offered him Amador for Jobe straight up and he ghosts me and does this instead. How. Why
Phillies

Post by Phillies »

Astros wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:42 pm
Phillies wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:28 pm After a year of inactivity until forced to make a draft pick, is it fair to question the motivation here? Is it wrong that my initial reaction was seeing this as a "sure Pat, you can have my ace for free, I don't care anymore" kind of trade?
I offered him Amador for Jobe straight up and he ghosts me and does this instead. How. Why
Perhaps we are missing something in Troy Taylor
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

What if Pat is actually JB, he had a second team this whole time.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Is Hamlin hoping that Roger's new LEGO obsession will return him to his 2021 form?
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

First, not loving the 'First Take' takes going on here. What's your massive objection to this trade? I see a 1st round pick in a loaded class, a fun relief prospect, one of the consensus best prospects in baseball, and one of the more exciting young arms in the game as of 2 years ago...who's healthy going into camp. He clicks back in, the entire complexion of this trade is on its head.

Second, I thought Jim quite wonderfully spelled out the other week that you don't need to 'win' a trade if you think it helps your team or solves a problem. Jake has kicked my ass enough times to know that he's a very good GM...even if he didn't have a banner on this page. If he's doing a trade, I trust he's got an agenda for it.

Third, step up your shit if you want better players. People like trading with Pat because he's proactive and it's an enjoyable conversation/process with him...most of the time. If you're dead set on coming out ahead in every trade, you will probably make less trades. And if you're cool with that...everyone else will be, too. And if you think you know what your team needs and are proactive about it...those people should be treated with a similar respect for going and doing it.

Finally, I've talked shit about people publicly and privately, and it's WAY more satisfying doing it behind people's backs...just like I know people do it to me. That's why God invented Gchat & PM's. Stunting activity because you feel the need to be Statler & Waldorf isn't helping anyone.
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

I don’t have any objection to trades, I just love giving Pat shit for being so good.

Like fit shaming coming from a fat guy.

I am that fat guy.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Astros

Post by Astros »

Yankees wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:02 pm First, not loving the 'First Take' takes going on here. What's your massive objection to this trade? I see a 1st round pick in a loaded class, a fun relief prospect, one of the consensus best prospects in baseball, and one of the more exciting young arms in the game as of 2 years ago...who's healthy going into camp. He clicks back in, the entire complexion of this trade is on its head.

Second, I thought Jim quite wonderfully spelled out the other week that you don't need to 'win' a trade if you think it helps your team or solves a problem. Jake has kicked my ass enough times to know that he's a very good GM...even if he didn't have a banner on this page. If he's doing a trade, I trust he's got an agenda for it.

Third, step up your shit if you want better players. People like trading with Pat because he's proactive and it's an enjoyable conversation/process with him...most of the time. If you're dead set on coming out ahead in every trade, you will probably make less trades. And if you're cool with that...everyone else will be, too. And if you think you know what your team needs and are proactive about it...those people should be treated with a similar respect for going and doing it.

Finally, I've talked shit about people publicly and privately, and it's WAY more satisfying doing it behind people's backs...just like I know people do it to me. That's why God invented Gchat & PM's. Stunting activity because you feel the need to be Statler & Waldorf isn't helping anyone.
Consensus best prospects? He's barely cracking t100 lists at this point. Dude had like a 70% Zone Contact rate in Low-A - seems....bad? Also what does 'first round pick' even mean in a vacuum? Nothing, really. He's a 45 FV who could go up or could bust like 85% of the dudes picked in that range before him. Does very little to swing the value of the deal either way.

Relief prospects aren't worth anything, and there's about a 40% chance Rogers just pulled something again during the construction of this paragraph. That package coming back for a dude of Luzardo's caliber is genuinely awful - in my mind, this is even worse than the Tatis deal: at least a legit star like Tucker was part of the return. There's also zero reason whatsoever to include Stone here; it's already lopsided without him, and now you've just arguably negated the biggest piece going back to SF. Just horrific.

And yeah, as mentioned, I offered a clearly superior prospect for a clearly inferior asset and I don't even get a response...for the 13th consecutive time from this GM.
Phillies

Post by Phillies »

Yankees wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:02 pm First, not loving the 'First Take' takes going on here. What's your massive objection to this trade? I see a 1st round pick in a loaded class, a fun relief prospect, one of the consensus best prospects in baseball, and one of the more exciting young arms in the game as of 2 years ago...who's healthy going into camp. He clicks back in, the entire complexion of this trade is on its head.

If there is a bad trade it's going to get shit on. It's been that way in IBC since I was a teenager. It's fun to shit on bad trades. I've been shit on for horrible trades many times. I deserved it. It's part of our lore. Except the Votto trade ya'll murdered me for. I fucking won that shit.

This was a really bad trade. I don't understand the motivation behind it. Hamlin has been gone for almost a year. I've talked with other people in this league hoping things were ok, hoping he'd be back. Then out of nowhere Luzardo is gone for nothing. People like to shit on BA here, but look at all the trade blocks. Everyone lists BA ranks. Well, BA has Termarr ranked 77 and Gavin Stone is 82. Add that to everything Ty said.

Again, shitting on bad trades is what we do. Why is it an issue now? Doesn't seem to bother Pat lol.

Also, it's tough to ignore the offer Ty was ghosted on...
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Haha...upon deep reflection, I completely agree on the shitting on bad trades thing. Completely fair point.

Think my point should have been more the dialogue that goes with one...not just turning this into twitter. For those old enough, that Pavano/Chris Nelson thing goes on in lore to this day. We've written the equivalent of books on some of the deals of the past.

The best thing about shitting on bad trades in this league is the discourse around them...not passive aggressive shaming. Think that's where my point should have been.

Return to “Trade Approvals”