Live Cubs Cards Blog

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Live Cubs Cards Blog

Post by DBacks »

I will do my best to keep you all up to date on the semi-entertaining happenings of our trip to st louis today to see the cubs vs the cards.

the day started at ten when we were awoken by the sound of aaron at the door. we were supposed to leave by ten but a bit of oversleeping put us behind schedule. we also noticed that none of us were responsible enough to print off directions to the hotel or to busch.

after a spilled spaghett incident, an argument over water bottles, and a garage door that wasn't closed, we hit the road at 1023.
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

also there was a dead deer on the side of the road and aaron made an awesome "eeeeeeeee" sound. you had to be there.
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

the state of illinois cannot afford full size toilet stall doors. if you have to pee be prepared to be hit in the head by your buddies. if yoy have to poop be prepared to look everyone else in the room in the eye.

also the urinals are the size of bathtubs
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

lol.. keep it comin.. i only wish you'd circumvent MLB's rules and blog live from the game.. lol.

When you get back gabe, get ready to play h2h and fall at the hands of the mighty Reds. ;)
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

so at 430 we sit outside the gates waiting to get into busch stadium. it really is a beautiful park, I'm impressed.

we've spent the afternoon walking around downtown st louis and getting some food. there's cubs and cards gear on sale everwhere.

but, perhaps the most amazing thing about all of this is the people. every group you pass on the streets has someone wearing cards stuff and someone wearing cubs stuff. its amazing. thr rivalry divides friends, couples, and families, yet it is friendly and fun. its good natured and not overdone or taken too far like certain other rivalries I won't mention.

its around 70 degrees, its a gorgeous weather, and its gonna be a great night of baseball.
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

I'll be flying to St. Louis on July 2-3 to see the Mets there...so if there are any New Busch tips, let me know.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

2-2 after 2. very exciting game so far.

p.s. midwest girls are hot.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey