GM Vacancy candidate

Moderator: Executive Committee

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

GM Vacancy candidate

Post by Cardinals »

Ty B (Houston) sent me over one of his buddies who is a sim league vet. His name is Zach Robertson. I asked him to tell me about his sim league history and why he wants to join IBC:
Nice to meet you as well and thanks for checking in. I'm a real world Mariners fan and like these leagues so I can get a team into the World Series since my M's can't get it done. I have done two different leagues over the last 8 years with Ty. One year in the current dynasty style and have rebuilt a solid squad into one of the best records most of the season. 5 or 6 years in the previous contract style league turning a .500 roster into a consistent ALCS team while also running a NL zombie playoff team. I prefer the contract style league but like them both and really enjoy trading and building a continuously competitive team. I don't believe in the full rebuild tank style rebuild but more of the stay competitive while also making my team younger in the process.
I don't have an issue with him, but think we'd just need to keep an eye on any Ty-Zach trades.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: GM Vacancy candidate

Post by Guardians »

As long as there aren't any obvious conflicts I'm fine with Zach coming in. I would give Aaron first choice of open franchise and give Zach the other. Announce the two new GMs and then once we know the field for the minidraft, do the random order generator and post results.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Guardians wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:02 pm As long as there aren't any obvious conflicts I'm fine with Zach coming in. I would give Aaron first choice of open franchise and give Zach the other. Announce the two new GMs and then once we know the field for the minidraft, do the random order generator and post results.
I concur ...
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Agreed
Reds

Post by Reds »

Agreed.
Rangers
Site Admin