DMB Database

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

DMB Database

Post by Tigers »

I remember back in the day when this was one of the most exciting weeks of the year as everyone scrambled to put last minutes touches on databases and we all got out profiles in.

If only we could return to that era...
Tigers

Re: DMB Database

Post by Tigers »

They don't even have a preorder for a 2023 projection disk.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

My assumption is we will get the disc in a month, at the end of April or early May. If so, that's fine. Last year was particularly egregious by starting mid-to-late May and frankly unacceptable from DMB.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Well i had emailed Diamond Mind asking if they had a release date in mind and here is their response.
Larry,

Thank you for your interest in Diamond Mind Baseball. In recent years, Diamond Mind's projection database has been prepared in partnership with a 3rd-party developer who supplies the ZiPS projection stats and ratings.

Under this arrangement, we typically receive the projections data no sooner than mid-April from the supplier. Once the projection stats and ratings are in our hands, it then takes another 10 to 14 days to wrangle the raw stats and ratings into a DMB-compatible database.

Assuming everything is provided by the supplier following approximately the same schedule as in previous years and that there are no serious problems this year, the 2023 ZiPS Projection database should be available sometime around the end of April or the beginning of May as usual.

Gordon
Diamond Mind Support Team
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

I wish they would crowd source this. This has to be easier than two weeks.
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Maybe this year we won't have to wait til May for a proj disk. From Dan Sz's article on FG today:

What’s new in 2024? Outside of the typical calibration updates, there’ll be an extra table in this year’s projections. Don’t worry, the 80/20 splits are returning, but I’m adding split projections into the team-by-team rundowns as well. Usually I create these for the benefit of companies using my projections for their baseball games and calculate it sometime in February. But this year, I successfully integrated that model into ZiPS and, after repairing all the things I broke doing so, platoon splits are now being spit out with the usual array of numbers.
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

Well that would be awesome

Return to “IBC Forum”