Skipped pick penalty

Moderator: Executive Committee

Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Skipped pick penalty

Post by Guardians »

Nate messaged me individually after posting on the board.

His proposal to penalize (I guess deter) a skipped pick is that the person skipped has to wait until someone has selected to pick. His hypothetical is that if someone gets skipped and you start taking trade offers and then the person comes back and drafts, it ruins your trade value. I didn't find that to be a very compelling scenario, but I did say I would pass it along for discussion.

For what it's worth, I don't like announcing changes mid draft. It creates instability.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Re: Skipped pick penalty

Post by Padres »

I agree that IF we decide to penalize a team who misses a pick during their alotted 24 hours, it should be implemented in 2024.
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Agreed, no changes mid draft.

Has my campaign worked? Are we going to start caring now about how long the draft takes?
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Marlins wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:42 pm Agreed, no changes mid draft.

Has my campaign worked? Are we going to start caring now about how long the draft takes?
Nope. I don't care at all. I also think the penalty for missing a pick is you miss out on whoever got taken when you blew off the league for 24 hours.
Reds

Post by Reds »

Guardians wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:23 pm For what it's worth, I don't like announcing changes mid draft. It creates instability.
Agreed

Return to “ExCo General”