So long for now!

These announcements are reflected on the front page.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

So long for now!

Post by Astros »

After thinking about it for a couple months, I have decided to resign my spot in the IBC. This is not a decision that has been easy or that has been made lightly. I've been here since the very beginning in an AOL chat room in February 2002 when we had the initial IBC draft. The past three years I've barely been active, I don't know that I've done anything besides draft scouting since doing the 64 team tournament during covid to keep us entertained. This is more than likely a sabbatical, I'm sure like most folks, I'll return at some point down the road. Last month I had a few guys talk me into staying and once they did, I maybe checked the site twice and I knew my heart wasn't in it anymore.

This league has been a huge part of my life and given me memories I'll cherish forever. Winning it all in 2007, coming back from 5 down in the 9th in the wild card playoff game in 2008 against Brandon Brown and winning on a walk off grand slam by Rafael Furcal. Still think I'd have beat Pat Bishop if we played that World Series head to head.

Bigger than the game memories are the friendships this league has provided me with. Who would've thought 21 years ago that a fantasy baseball league would provide some of your best friends? JP, you're one of my very best friends and I love you to death. Thanks for always being there. Jason G and Pat G, you guys are who I look up to as an example of the Christian man I try to live my life like and thank you for always being a prayer warrior for me when I need it. Z, thanks for the good times when I've been in Houston or you've been in Louisville or Nashville and hopefully I'll get back down to Houston soon and see you and Rudy and everyone else. Nick, I know I'm quitting but we still need a baseball weekend this summer. Dave, hey remember all those times you were going to come to Louisville and bailed last minute? Maybe one day we'll meet. Nate, sooner or later I'll be in Colorado and we'll get together. I may be elk hunting near Steamboat Springs in the next year or two.

To the rest of you, whether we've met or not, whether we talk much or not, it has been a pleasure gentlemen. If you want to keep in touch, my number is 5023387734. Take care y'all.

Oh and lastly, fuck you Bren
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Re: So long for now!

Post by Yankees »

So in 2023 we get Bren and lose Aaron? Worst. Off-Season. Ever.

Please let me know whenever you make town. And with my new gig, let me know whenever you want to watch some football. Appreciate you brother...and I'm sure we'll see each other soon.
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

::insert sad gif::
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

Dude, one day I'll get down there.

I'm gonna miss you in here buddy.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Angels
Name: Zach Robertson

Post by Angels »

I love you too A!
Angels
Name: Zach Robertson

Post by Angels »

Oh, and you're welcome! 😘
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Always sad to see anyone leave the league, especially an original member. That first draft of the IBC in 2002 was a late night, I remember hours of stat research, Mountain Dew, and cold Taco Bell tacos. Now we're all old and have so much competing for our time. Hope at some point you can make it back Aaron, you'll be missed.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Aaron: sorry to see you go for now, but glad to have spent all these years knowing you and bantering about fake baseball. We'll stay in touch. Oh, and the (Colts/Pacers/Hoosiers) didn't lose because of the refs 🤣
Twins
Name: Andrew Howard, Owner emeritus. Jason Gudim, GM

Post by Twins »

Not much more to say than what's already been said. It's been a pleasure to get to know you because of this league, and I'm glad we'll remain in contact even though you're out of the IBC.
2010 KC 83-79
2011 KC 94-68
2012 KC 83-79
2013 KC 90-72; AL Central Champs
2014 KC 84-78
2015 KC 103-59; AL Central Champs
2016 KC 97-65; Lost WC Game to BAL
2017 MIN 80-82
2018 MIN 84-78
2019 MIN 80-82

Overall IBC Record 1040-903
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

Enjoyed being in the league with you, Aaron. Hope you're back some day - glad you're thinking that way.

Return to “Announcements”