Simming Schedule

Moderator: Executive Committee

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Simming Schedule

Post by Cardinals »

I've bounced this around off a few guys, but want to bring it up here now. Given how late the season will start, I think we should sim a week per day until we are caught up. There will be IL issues no matter what and dragging out the catch up period into June is only going to drag out how long these issues go on for.

There is no ideal scenario but I feel strongly that getting caught up as soon as possible is the right course of action. Thoughts?
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Marlins
Name: Nils

Re: Simming Schedule

Post by Marlins »

Agree 100% with simming a week at a time.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

First and foremost .... I will support whatever whatever makes the people responsible for SIMMING this good as easily as possible. RESPECT your time and positive attitude ... [JP and maybe others ...}

Second ... I am not in hurry. If our post season/off season lasts longer this year then previous year or real life MLB ... who gives a shit?

Let's just relax and enjoy what we have looking forward to ...
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

I'm supportive of a week at a time. Is there any feasible way to set injuries ? Or do we just let injuries ride? Do we make anyone who's out X months or more automatically sit at the beginning of the season? I just think several weeks of results involving injured players could end up having a negative affect. But if there's not a solution, I still support moving more quickly. I'm worried people are going to become very uninterested very quickly.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

WhiteSox wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:23 pm First and foremost .... I will support whatever whatever makes the people responsible for SIMMING this good as easily as possible. RESPECT your time and positive attitude ... [JP and maybe others ...}

Second ... I am not in hurry. If our post season/off season lasts longer this year then previous year or real life MLB ... who gives a shit?

Let's just relax and enjoy what we have looking forward to ...
Definitely simming a week at a time is easiest for me, but even removing that aspect, I think tracking injuries from behind for half a year will be very tiresome and lead us to more IL violations that we'd normally see.

With injuries, I can do my best to proactively IL players based off of Shawn's injury post. It would be up to the GM to then activate the player or send a note saying to activate the player. Adds a bit more time to my day but it may be the best scenario to ensure that we get caught up and have a level playing field.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Reds

Post by Reds »

Sounds like a good plan. I'll scan for injuries more diligently in the results and let you know if I see any.
Reds

Post by Reds »

Since we will be swimming one week at a time how do we want to handle the players with IL stays that we were allowing to be activated after Thursdays games? Do we want them activated earlier or later?
Marlins

Post by Marlins »

I think we just keep it simple. If we're simming Monday through Sunday, then each week players who went on the IL that previous week need to be farmed, players who were activated the previous week (assuming sat min 10 days) can be activated.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Marlins wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:01 pm I think we just keep it simple. If we're simming Monday through Sunday, then each week players who went on the IL that previous week need to be farmed, players who were activated the previous week (assuming sat min 10 days) can be activated.
Yep.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Agree. We just need to explain clearly to the league what a GM's responsibility will be
Marlins

Post by Marlins »

Should we set this up now so everyone knows exactly what to do and when once the season disk hits? Also so those who insist their team can only function with 2 updates of roster per week can get their venting out now...
Reds

Post by Reds »

Marlins wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:29 am Should we set this up now so everyone knows exactly what to do and when once the season disk hits? Also so those who insist their team can only function with 2 updates of roster per week can get their venting out now...
Probably a good idea so everyone knows the plan.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Yes. Also gives time for people who aren't regularly on the site to get the info
Reds

Post by Reds »

Now that we are into June with no database we should consider other simming options.

If we do a week at a time should we do so less aggressively. Maybe leave a day or so between for roster adjustments? We could also sim a month (4 weeks) off from the actual season after we are caught up. That way we are only accelerating part of our season. I'm sure between us we can come up with something that works and doesn't rush things so much that the fun goes away.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Reds wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:35 am Now that we are into June with no database we should consider other simming options.

If we do a week at a time should we do so less aggressively. Maybe leave a day or so between for roster adjustments? We could also sim a month (4 weeks) off from the actual season after we are caught up. That way we are only accelerating part of our season. I'm sure between us we can come up with something that works and doesn't rush things so much that the fun goes away.

Agree. Now that we're this far into the season, getting caught up in a short period is not an acceptable option. We can't watch half the season be done in 2 weeks. I'll put more thought into this and welcome all feedback here.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

I think we really need to get the release date to plan a realistic catch-up schedule. For instance, if we could set a goal of finishing the first half by the All Star Break (mid July), that could be doable now, but not so much if we don't get the database until late June (seemingly likely). You could sim two weeks per week and make up the eight weeks we've lost in 4 and roll right into the break fairly painlessly.

I think we have to set a realistic and advanced schedule to have a somewhat normal second half of the season. I think no H2H for the first half is a given. What other considerations do we have to think about?

Injuries is open in my mind right now. Previously, we were thinking injury updates once a week, but that was three weeks ago. Do we set the policy a little more liberally for the first half, where anyone out more than X weeks/months sits (ala Sale, Bryant, May, Glasnow, etc) and then comes back second half if they're eligible and we let other injuries fly? I just think it's going to be very difficult monitoring all injuries 9-10 weeks retroactively. Some inevitably will be missed. Do we just waive any 10-day stays for all?

When will you get a chance to update your roster by removing the guy who's underperforming? That should be a fairly tight window, but there should be a window.

But I almost think we need to get a database to map out a schedule.
Reds

Post by Reds »

I agree we need to get the database before we can set a schedule, but see no reason to be more liberal with injuries.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Ok, so we are 10 weeks into the season (60 games) and there are roughly 5 weeks until the All Star Break.

JP could easily sim at a rapid pace to get us caught up, but we don't want to rush right through. From the comments, I gather that there are mixed feelings about how to deal with injuries and how to administer roster changes.

My proposal:

JP starts simming Sunday, June 19. That will leave a few days to get rosters set and injuries caught up.

JP sims 3 games a day on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, leaving Wednesday as an admin day for injuries/roster adjustments. That gets us from April 8 to April 17 on the MLB calendar. Sim another 3 games a day Thursday, Friday, Saturday which gets us roughly to April 27, then Sunday is an admin day and so on. Essentially, you get caught up on injuries through the latest injury report. This is going to require skipping a normal injury day, which would then be applied during the next sim stoppage.

By my math, by simming 3 games a day 5 days a week, with two admin days a week for injuries/roster adjustments, we will be right around 60-65 games in at the All-Star Break, which still puts us 20+ games behind. Simming 4 a day or eliminating an admin day would get us closer to even.

As much as it will make Ken's heart stop beating, we can't do a normal sim schedule to account for every injury.
Reds

Post by Reds »

Thanks for so easily dismissing my opinion. Let’s hear from the other Exco members before we decide.
Marlins

Post by Marlins »

We do injuries once a week in a normal schedule, right? Why not just sim a week, day off, sim a week, day off etc. Gives everyone 24 hrs to update injuries for each week?
Marlins

Post by Marlins »

Honestly, I just dunno. Willing to give JP lots of leeway on whatever he thinks is easiest for him tbh
Reds

Post by Reds »

Marlins wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:48 pm Honestly, I just dunno. Willing to give JP lots of leeway on whatever he thinks is easiest for him tbh
I agree with that. JP’s original plan was similar to what you mentioned in the previous post. Now that we have to make up more of the season his thoughts may be different.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Reds wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:30 pm Thanks for so easily dismissing my opinion. Let’s hear from the other Exco members before we decide.
Didn't dismiss your opinion at all. You're the injury czar -- you should own it!

I'm fine with whatever schedule we pick. I was just trying to suggest a plan that could work to get us up to speed without it feeling like the whole season is blown through too quickly. If Nils' plan works, I'm good
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

I'm waiting to hear back from DMB on some corrections that they issued to the database as well as some player omissions.

I do believe Nils' suggestion works best.

Day 1 | Sunday-Saturday
Day 2 | Injury update
Day 3 | Sunday-Saturday

etc

Transactions will be processed in *real-time* as they normally are when we're playing catch up.

I will do my best to stay on top of the injuries myself but won't be able to catch things that Shawn's automated system doesn't post.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Marlins

Post by Marlins »

I think we just put the onus on GMs to follow the injuries.

Return to “ExCo General”