That was fast!

A place specifically for trash talk, check your sensitivities at the door. If you're offended, leave this area.
Mariners
Name: Jagger

That was fast!

Post by Mariners »

Mets
Name: John Anderson

Re: That was fast!

Post by Mets »

Probably would have been an even bigger story if the Phillies didn't win, but also - one thing that many fans do not take into account is players personality types. As someone that has studied Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, DiSC, etc. it's easy for fans to say just sign this guy and they'll be fine based on their stats.

A prime example is a player like Carlos Beltran, who is likely an ISTJ, moving from KC/HOU to a place like NYC - it's extremely difficult when you just want to do your job and go home. He did perform well in NY for both Mets & Yankees after he made personal adjustments, but he was never comfortable being in an aggressive social setting that was NY media. It really took players like Wright and Reyes to take the spotlight for him to feel comfortable (or joinding the Yankees later in his career). Even though he took the money with Boras & the Mets (and on record for wanting to play for the Yankees), his personality type was always better suited for places like KC and StL. This also gets into Boras not looking out for the best interest of his clients as individuals but that's an entire dissertation.

You sometimes wonder why players take contracts in smaller marketplaces for less competitive teams and I think about the above a lot.

Back to Bohm. I have no idea what his personality assessment is (although I could probably figure it out if I wanted to), but I can understand comments like what he made. He was frustrated as a professional not being able to be perfect at his job. He was also reacting from a place of emotion.

Whole point of the rambling is that it's sometimes important to have empathy and grace as not all employees/professionals are the same and fans don't want to think about their athletes/artists as human beings. I'm really glad that mental health (especially in the NFL) is being considered and accepted with more understanding.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Mariners
Name: Jagger

Re: That was fast!

Post by Mariners »

Someone on twitter said it best: "Alec Bohm sucking at his job then saying at work the same thing I say every single day at work makes him the most relatable MLB player out there."

Return to “The Dumpster”