Duplicate players

Moderator: Executive Committee

Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Duplicate players

Post by Padres »

I continue to find a number of duplicate players in our league. It used to be when I found them I forwarded them to Shawn for handling. This is an example:

Brubaker J.T. sp 11/17/1993 Rangers
15-Brubaker Jonathan P 11/17/1993 [ Sign ]

I know he is too busy to deal with such minutia now (and I do understand that) but this 67 year old does have some time to clean up some of this this winter. I know he wanted it done a certain to combine their player transaction history. If one of you who has stayed in touch with Shawn can get written directions from him I will happy to clean up what I am aware of or become aware of ...

Jim

Example ... this the history for Jonathan 15-Brubaker:

Rockies Create Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:29 am
Rockies Release Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:52 am
Pirates Sign Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:47 am
Pirates Release Wed May 01, 2019 10:27 am

This is the history for J.T. Brubaker:

Rangers Sign Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:07 am
Rangers Release Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:41 pm
Astros Sign Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:54 pm
Astros Release Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:57 am
Rangers Sign Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:57 am
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: Duplicate players

Post by Guardians »

There are a lot of these and a lot of retired players that need to be purged. I don't know how to do that en masse, or even at all. If Shawn/JP can teach me, I'd love to work on removing them. We have more than 11,000 players in our system.
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

In addition to deleting duplicate players, I think we also should figure out how to delete players that have been set up incorrectly. Victor Lizarraga has now been signed 4 times (twice by the Orioles for some odd reason) but is actually eligible as a 21- player (signed after the deadline last year). I know deleting the player once created incorrectly may not stop this, I think a lot of people (inc me) when seeing a player such as Lizarraga, first thing they check before eligibility is if someone already has him in OOPSS. If they see he's available and in as a 20 guy, I think most would then just sign the player as opposed to going to check if eligible. By having the player not come up in a search, I think would force that extra step and prevent the re-creation in most cases.
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Since this post of mine above, we've had two more guys signed who are eligible for the 21- draft. I know last year was confusing with the Mar 1 cut off, but not all that different from a Jan 1 cut off. But we now have a lot of ineligible players listed in OOPSS in addition to a lot of duplicates. Any word on if we can easily delete players?

Return to “ExCo General”