June 2021 Trades

Here you will find a history of approved trades.
OOPSS

June 2021 Trades

Post by OOPSS »

June 2021 Trades
OOPSS

Rays traded Elehuris Montero to WhiteSox for Brad Keller

Post by OOPSS »

Rays traded Elehuris Montero to WhiteSox for Brad Keller
OOPSS

Pirates traded Amed Rosario, Vladimir Gutierrez to Twins for J.P. Crawford

Post by OOPSS »

Pirates traded Amed Rosario, Vladimir Gutierrez to Twins for J.P. Crawford
OOPSS

Twins traded Pedro Baez, Sonny Gray, Patrick Wisdom, Ty 20-Weber to Rockies for Ethan 18-Hankins, Tucupita 16-Marcano, B

Post by OOPSS »

Twins traded Pedro Baez, Sonny Gray, Patrick Wisdom, Ty 20-Weber to Rockies for Ethan 18-Hankins, Tucupita 16-Marcano, Brayan 17-Rocchio, Masyn 20-Winn
OOPSS

Marlins traded Andrew Benintendi, Gunnar 19-Henderson, Nick 19-Mikolajchak to Padres for Brandon Marsh, Clarke 17-Schmid

Post by OOPSS »

Marlins traded Andrew Benintendi, Gunnar 19-Henderson, Nick 19-Mikolajchak to Padres for Brandon Marsh, Clarke 17-Schmidt
OOPSS

Pirates traded Brayan 17-Bello to Brewers for Joe Kelly

Post by OOPSS »

Pirates traded Brayan 17-Bello to Brewers for Joe Kelly
OOPSS

Tigers traded Kiké 0-Hernandez, Luis Angel 18-Acuna, Ryan 19-Pepiot to Brewers for David Robertson, Craig Stammen, Jean

Post by OOPSS »

Tigers traded Kiké 0-Hernandez, Luis Angel 18-Acuna, Ryan 19-Pepiot to Brewers for David Robertson, Craig Stammen, Jean Segura
OOPSS

Pirates traded Steve Cishek, Trevor 17-Rogers to Astros for Noah Syndergaard, Braxton 16-Garrett, Matthew 18-Liberatore

Post by OOPSS »

Pirates traded Steve Cishek, Trevor 17-Rogers to Astros for Noah Syndergaard, Braxton 16-Garrett, Matthew 18-Liberatore
OOPSS

Nationals traded Jose 0-Urquidy to Padres for Drey 19-Jameson, Josh 18-Winder

Post by OOPSS »

Nationals traded Jose 0-Urquidy to Padres for Drey 19-Jameson, Josh 18-Winder
OOPSS

Astros traded Joseph 18-Ryan, Quinn 19-Priester to Twins for Michael Pineda, Ryan Pressly, Jordan Hicks

Post by OOPSS »

Astros traded Joseph 18-Ryan, Quinn 19-Priester to Twins for Michael Pineda, Ryan Pressly, Jordan Hicks
OOPSS

Marlins traded Daniel 0-Bard, Brandon Marsh to Pirates for Kyle Schwarber, Jordan Romano, Eury 19-Perez

Post by OOPSS »

Marlins traded Daniel 0-Bard, Brandon Marsh to Pirates for Kyle Schwarber, Jordan Romano, Eury 19-Perez
OOPSS

Pirates traded Brandon Marsh, Sherten 15-Apostel, Matthew 18-Liberatore to Twins for Giancarlo Stanton, Anthony Rizzo, M

Post by OOPSS »

Pirates traded Brandon Marsh, Sherten 15-Apostel, Matthew 18-Liberatore to Twins for Giancarlo Stanton, Anthony Rizzo, Matt Barnes, Kenta Maeda
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Re: Pirates traded Brandon Marsh, Sherten 15-Apostel, Matthew 18-Liberatore to Twins for Giancarlo Stanton, Anthony Rizz

Post by Athletics »

OOPSS wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:16 pm Pirates traded Brandon Marsh, Sherten 15-Apostel, Matthew 18-Liberatore to Twins for Giancarlo Stanton, Anthony Rizzo, Matt Barnes, Kenta Maeda
Did I miss something or does this return seem a little light?
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Re: Pirates traded Brandon Marsh, Sherten 15-Apostel, Matthew 18-Liberatore to Twins for Giancarlo Stanton, Anthony Rizz

Post by Phillies »

Athletics wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:53 am
OOPSS wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:16 pm Pirates traded Brandon Marsh, Sherten 15-Apostel, Matthew 18-Liberatore to Twins for Giancarlo Stanton, Anthony Rizzo, Matt Barnes, Kenta Maeda
I think you are forgetting that Prospects >>>> Major Leaguers
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

Phillies wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:25 am
Athletics wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:53 am
I think you are forgetting that Prospects >>>> Major Leaguers
:lol:
Twins
Name: Andrew Howard, Owner emeritus. Jason Gudim, GM

Re: June 2021 Trades

Post by Twins »

Yep. I knew I'd get hammered for this deal. But considering I've had these guys on the block for a month, fewer than ten teams inquired about any of the players in the deal with JP, and this is the only way a rebuilding team is going to get two top 50 prospects back in the IBC, that's the deal I took. Multiple teams who inquired about the players on my block flat out told me they were not going to pay anything but a discounted rate on my players, holding back several of their "top" prospects.

It's not fair value, but it is what the economy of the IBC currently exists at, and I could decide to continue on with an aging team that the sim hates (for whatever reason), or I could sell early and hope that a majority of the pedigreed kids I traded for actually develop.
2010 KC 83-79
2011 KC 94-68
2012 KC 83-79
2013 KC 90-72; AL Central Champs
2014 KC 84-78
2015 KC 103-59; AL Central Champs
2016 KC 97-65; Lost WC Game to BAL
2017 MIN 80-82
2018 MIN 84-78
2019 MIN 80-82

Overall IBC Record 1040-903
Reds

Post by Reds »

No matter. I know I’m less interested in competing in the the league than I was yesterday.. ssdd.
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

Twins wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:02 pm Yep. I knew I'd get hammered for this deal. But considering I've had these guys on the block for a month, fewer than ten teams inquired about any of the players in the deal with JP, and this is the only way a rebuilding team is going to get two top 50 prospects back in the IBC, that's the deal I took. Multiple teams who inquired about the players on my block flat out told me they were not going to pay anything but a discounted rate on my players, holding back several of their "top" prospects.

It's not fair value, but it is what the economy of the IBC currently exists at, and I could decide to continue on with an aging team that the sim hates (for whatever reason), or I could sell early and hope that a majority of the pedigreed kids I traded for actually develop.
Wasn't hammering you at all. We all created this league where prospects are king and anyone over 30 is devalued, so we have to live with it. You didn't get many offers because most of the contenders don't have top prospects and the guys with a million prospects don't want someone like Stanton or Rizzo. This is the reality of IBC.
OOPSS

Tigers traded Sean Doolittle, Hunter Renfroe to Pirates for Braxton 16-Garrett, Taylor 20-Dollard, Mitchell 20-Parker

Post by OOPSS »

Tigers traded Sean Doolittle, Hunter Renfroe to Pirates for Braxton 16-Garrett, Taylor 20-Dollard, Mitchell 20-Parker
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Twins wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:02 pm Yep. I knew I'd get hammered for this deal. But considering I've had these guys on the block for a month, fewer than ten teams inquired about any of the players in the deal with JP, and this is the only way a rebuilding team is going to get two top 50 prospects back in the IBC, that's the deal I took. Multiple teams who inquired about the players on my block flat out told me they were not going to pay anything but a discounted rate on my players, holding back several of their "top" prospects.

I believe the below was the response I received back in May. And when I focused on one and didn't want to move from my current rotation (asked about any hitters you'd be interested in) I heard nothing. Would have been happy to talk about a package if I knew this stance changed.
Twins wrote:Wed May 19, 2021 10:48 pm Thanks for your thoroughness in putting this together, but with the amount of interest I've received on my block, I will most likely be moving these players individually.

Which player would you like to focus on?
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

Nationals wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:32 am Would have been happy to talk about a package if I knew this stance changed.
I, too, dropped out and didn't even ask about Stanton, though he would have fit perfectly on my team, due to my perception of the likely ask based on the ask for a much lesser utility type player that I inquired about....but that doesn't really matter.

What matters is Ken's take that it "makes him less interested in competing." It does make the league seem unreal and "jokey" and the perception of a semblance of reality is part of what makes it fun. I mean, prospects are going to be valued higher in these types of leagues because of the lack of free agency, so that is a lot of what drives it, but sometimes it can get downright ridiculous.

I have been part of a league that fell apart (granted, it was in somewhat dire condition already) due to a ridiculous trade, so it is a concern.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

The fact that everybody losing their mind over this trade is really something else to me. I nearly rejected the deal from Gudim, figuring I'd be better off trying to either 1.) wait on Marsh and Liberatore or 2.) parlay them into players in their 20s.

Does anybody realistically think I'll be able to move Stanton and Rizzo for anything comparable to what I surrendered? No chance.

If anybody does have a better offer which I guess more than half the league did, please offer it to me and I'll gladly accept. Two top 50 prospects that are better than Liberatore and Marsh. I will wait.

Additionally, the guys they are replacing in the lineup for me have been absolutely mashing. Hosmer was hitting 313/366/533 and Schwarber 324/413/697. Do I think Stanton and Rizzo will hit better in a short series? Yeah. Otherwise I'm not doing this deal.

But since this trade has broken everybody's will to compete, I will gladly trade Stanton, Rizzo, Maeda and Barnes for two top 50 prospects who are better than Liberatore and Marsh. Since that offer is apparently out there.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Pirates wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:50 am The fact that everybody losing their mind over this trade is really something else to me. I nearly rejected the deal from Gudim, figuring I'd be better off trying to either 1.) wait on Marsh and Liberatore or 2.) parlay them into players in their 20s.

Does anybody realistically think I'll be able to move Stanton and Rizzo for anything comparable to what I surrendered? No chance.

If anybody does have a better offer which I guess more than half the league did, please offer it to me and I'll gladly accept. Two top 50 prospects that are better than Liberatore and Marsh. I will wait.

Additionally, the guys they are replacing in the lineup for me have been absolutely mashing. Hosmer was hitting 313/366/533 and Schwarber 324/413/697. Do I think Stanton and Rizzo will hit better in a short series? Yeah. Otherwise I'm not doing this deal.

But since this trade has broken everybody's will to compete, I will gladly trade Stanton, Rizzo, Maeda and Barnes for two top 50 prospects who are better than Liberatore and Marsh. Since that offer is apparently out there.
Actually, let me clarify. I wasn't commenting on if this an even trade or not, which is actually why I specifically left out the offer/counter-offer. In fact, it's probably the right move to go after two impact guys than a bunch of smaller pieces.

With that being said, my gripe shouldn't really be a public topic and in retrospect I should have kept it to myself to begin with.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Nationals wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:48 pm
Pirates wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:50 am The fact that everybody losing their mind over this trade is really something else to me. I nearly rejected the deal from Gudim, figuring I'd be better off trying to either 1.) wait on Marsh and Liberatore or 2.) parlay them into players in their 20s.

Actually, let me clarify. I wasn't commenting on if this an even trade or not, which is actually why I specifically left out the offer/counter-offer. In fact, it's probably the right move to go after two impact guys than a bunch of smaller pieces.

With that being said, my gripe shouldn't really be a public topic and in retrospect I should have kept it to myself to begin with.
And my comment isn't directed at you individually, either, but rather collectively people losing their minds over this deal for two aging hitters but not worrying about players in their 20s that are dealt for prospects as well.

As Nick said, this is the economy that we collectively built. It's also not as though I magically had Liberatore and Marsh on my roster. I dealt Correa and Rogers to get to this point, and picked up and dropped probably close to 50 guys since MILB started. It'll be curious to see when the dust settles in a couple of years if I even made the right call amidst all these moves. I did for 2021, but 2022 is questionable with Rogers' trajectory and Thor's injury concern.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Twins
Name: Andrew Howard, Owner emeritus. Jason Gudim, GM

Post by Twins »

Since the implicit argument in all this whining is that I'm too stupid to run my own team or evaluate prospects on my own, here's my suggested solution:

1) I ask JP to void the trade

2) I give the entire league two weeks to trade for all or some of the players JP acquired

3) During this process, I will publicly post every single trade offer I receive, and the league can publicly discuss the merits of each offer.

4) If, in two weeks, I still have Stanton, Rizzo, Maeda, and Barnes, I complete the trade with JP, and every single team that publicly griped about this trade gives me its second round pick as compensation.

So, how about it? Put your money where your mouth is, gentlemen?
2010 KC 83-79
2011 KC 94-68
2012 KC 83-79
2013 KC 90-72; AL Central Champs
2014 KC 84-78
2015 KC 103-59; AL Central Champs
2016 KC 97-65; Lost WC Game to BAL
2017 MIN 80-82
2018 MIN 84-78
2019 MIN 80-82

Overall IBC Record 1040-903

Return to “Trade Approvals”