2021 Season -- Disc Out Now

These announcements are reflected on the front page.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

2021 Season -- Disc Out Now

Post by Cardinals »

The 2021 projection disc is now available for purchase from Diamond Mind. DMB12 is available for purchase as well. We will use DMB12 this year.

I'll begin creating the database at some point tomorrow, hoping to get it out either late tomorrow night or Friday.

We'll likely begin simming on Tuesday. I'll create a schedule in the coming days.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: 2021 Season -- Disc Out Now

Post by Guardians »

As a reminder, we'll be using the same COVID-related injury rules as last year. So, if a player goes on the IL for COVID reasons, they can be used in IBC. But if they are actually injured, they will need to be benched. The beginning of the year is usually trickiest with sim schedule trying to get caught up to real life. Injury information can be found here viewforum.php?f=8. GMs are responsible for submitting accurate lineups that reflect injuries.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Pirates wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:04 pm The 2021 projection disc is now available for purchase from Diamond Mind. DMB12 is available for purchase as well. We will use DMB12 this year.

I'll begin creating the database at some point tomorrow, hoping to get it out either late tomorrow night or Friday.

We'll likely begin simming on Tuesday. I'll create a schedule in the coming days.
Did this get sent out? No rush, just want to make sure I didn't miss it.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

It's going to get sent out tonight. Was unexpectedly busy over the weekend.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Nationals

Post by Nationals »

Pirates wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:47 pm It's going to get sent out tonight. Was unexpectedly busy over the weekend.
Yeah, no worries. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it and miss the 1st MPs of 2021.

Thanks JP!
RedSox
Name: Patrick Tullar

Post by RedSox »

On a loosely related note, last year I was super busy and only was able to get a handful of MPs in. Albies and Acuna rode the bench for the last 50 or so games because I couldn't get an MP in and I'm sure it was a contributing factor to them both committing errors in the WC game. I should be able to get an opening MP in, but I'm looking at around 15 guys on the DL for the first few weeks. I'd really appreciate it if an NL team could help me out on keeping up with my DL and MPS until around the AS break.

Thanks,
P
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Help you stay competitive and beat JB in the ALE? I'll help you out!
WhiteSox
Name: Aaron Dorman

Post by WhiteSox »

Help you stay competitive and beat JB in the ALE? I'll help you out!
Veto!
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

We're simming tonight regardless. The following teams owe MPs:

Orioles
Astros
Royals
Phillies
Cardinals
Giants
Rangers
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Nationals

Post by Nationals »

Pirates wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:56 am We're simming tonight regardless. The following teams owe MPs:

Orioles
Astros
Royals
Phillies
Cardinals
Giants
Rangers
Can you share the catch-up schedule?
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Yep.

4/30: Apr. 1-4
5/1: Apr. 5-8 (UPDATE IL)
5/2: Apr. 9-11
5/3: Apr. 12-15 (UPDATE IL)
5/4: Apr. 16-18
5/5: Apr. 19-22 (UPDATE IL)
5/6: Apr. 23-25
5/7: Apr. 26-29 (UPDATE IL)
5/8: Apr. 30-May 2
5/9: May 3-6 (UPDATE IL)
5/10: May 7-9
5/11: May 10-11 (UPDATE IL)

Transactions will process on databases following Wednesday and Sunday sims, as normal.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Pirates wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:56 am We're simming tonight regardless. The following teams owe MPs:

Orioles
Astros
Royals
Phillies
Cardinals
Giants
Rangers
Isn't Hamlin's MP whomever is active, not much to set when he is tanking again.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:57 pm As a reminder, we'll be using the same COVID-related injury rules as last year. So, if a player goes on the IL for COVID reasons, they can be used in IBC. But if they are actually injured, they will need to be benched. The beginning of the year is usually trickiest with sim schedule trying to get caught up to real life. Injury information can be found here viewforum.php?f=8. GMs are responsible for submitting accurate lineups that reflect injuries.
Noticing a couple of issues with injuries this year, still troubleshooting but everybody is going to need to keep a fairly close eye on their own.
1. I have no programmatic way to tell when it's COVID IL vs regular, so players on COVID IL are going to show up. You'll have to do the research on which IL it actually is.
2. I'm noticing that the Team column doesn't seem to be properly populating when players are added to the DL but it is when they are coming off (for example, when Kyle Lewis went on the IL for me, he didn't show up on the Added to DL (Team Not Determined) section, but he's listed without a team in the Added to DL section. When he came off the IL, he showed up as on the Dodgers.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Dodgers wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:41 pm
Tigers wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:57 pm As a reminder, we'll be using the same COVID-related injury rules as last year. So, if a player goes on the IL for COVID reasons, they can be used in IBC. But if they are actually injured, they will need to be benched. The beginning of the year is usually trickiest with sim schedule trying to get caught up to real life. Injury information can be found here viewforum.php?f=8. GMs are responsible for submitting accurate lineups that reflect injuries.
Noticing a couple of issues with injuries this year, still troubleshooting but everybody is going to need to keep a fairly close eye on their own.
1. I have no programmatic way to tell when it's COVID IL vs regular, so players on COVID IL are going to show up. You'll have to do the research on which IL it actually is.
2. I'm noticing that the Team column doesn't seem to be properly populating when players are added to the DL but it is when they are coming off (for example, when Kyle Lewis went on the IL for me, he didn't show up on the Added to DL (Team Not Determined) section, but he's listed without a team in the Added to DL section. When he came off the IL, he showed up as on the Dodgers.
I found the bug with #2, will be resolved for injury posts going forward.

Return to “Announcements”