HR Pool

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

HR Pool

Post by Guardians »

Late reminder here, but jump on the annual Home Run Pool that I help run if you're so inclined. You have to print and postmark your entry by 4/1. Entries are $25. Top 10 get paid. Our own Brett Degen won last year, while Jim Berger won in 2019. Let's keep it going.

https://thehomerunpool.wordpress.com/
Guardians

Re: HR Pool

Post by Guardians »

Update:

You can email scanned entries to hrpoolentries@gmail.com
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

Is there no way to do this online at this stage of the game? I suppose you can take a picture and email it but not sure who has printers / scanners anymore.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

I know, it's a pain. I took over hosting the site (big thanks for Shawn for his assistance), updating it, etc. We just only got a handful of entries electronically. The main people who have been doing this for decades are older and just don't have a ton of interest in anything but printing and mailing. I think if I had a decent fillable form that could be submitted on the site, that would help. But it's just a WordPress site and I'm not a programmer.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Tigers wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:29 pm I know, it's a pain. I took over hosting the site (big thanks for Shawn for his assistance), updating it, etc. We just only got a handful of entries electronically. The main people who have been doing this for decades are older and just don't have a ton of interest in anything but printing and mailing. I think if I had a decent fillable form that could be submitted on the site, that would help. But it's just a WordPress site and I'm not a programmer.
I resemble that remark ...
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Get your entries in today. You can email to hrpoolentries@gmail.com and mail a check.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

CONGRATULATIONS to our own Patrick Gillespie - and his squad of JR's. - who won the 2021 Home Run Pool in exciting fashion 253 - 252 ...

Patrick lead a good deal of the second half of the season but fell as many as 5 behind in the last 10 days or so. Saturday his line-up provided him 5 HRs to tie it up going into the last day. With Vladimir Guerrero Jr. crushing his 48th round-tripper of the season on Sunday in the Blue Jays' blowout victory over the Orioles Patrick won.

Patrick's winning squad was: Aaron Judge (39), Ronald Acuna, Jr. (24), Juan Soto (29), Fernando Tatis, Jr. (42), Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. (48), Brandon Lowe (39) & Teoscar Hernandez (32).

Complete results here: https://thehomerunpool.wordpress.com/leaderboard/
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Thanks Jim. Pretty crazy finish, as losing Acuna in July felt like a death blow. But I managed to stick around and have a crazy Saturday (3 from Lowe, 1 from Vlad, 1 from Teoscar) to get me to a tie and then Vlad won it Sunday.

Brett Degen and Jim were right there, so the IBC had good representation.

Return to “IBC Forum”