ExCo Statement

These announcements are reflected on the front page.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

ExCo Statement

Post by Cardinals »

We're sure that everyone in the league would like to thank Bren for all that he has done for the IBC. Largely because of his contribution this is one of the longer tenured, most stable and competitive leagues around.

As far as the ExCo itself, the committee will continue as is through the current season. There had been no set date for a new vote on the temporary spots that Jake and Jim hold, and for continuity's sake they have been asked to fulfill their roles through the end of the season and have accepted. After the season we will elect three ExCo members to bring the total back to six. The highest vote getter (assuming that he accepts the appointment) will become the fourth "permanent" member, and the second and third highest will serve for the 2009 season.

In regard to Bren's request that Nils be allowed to move to Boston, the ExCo agrees that Nils deserves the option to move to Boston. However after speaking with several of the GMs in the involved divisions, we agree that it would be unfair to them to swap franchises after the season has begun. Therefore, Nils' option to move to Boston will come after this season. In the meantime Bren's roster will be overseen (in case of injury, etc.) by the ExCo until a suitable replacement is chosen.

The most pressing void that Bren leaves is reliably and capably simming games. ExCo will carefully oversee this, with simming duties shared among a few different members.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

Sounds like a solid plan guys.
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

Will the Red Sox remain vacant the whole season?

There are plenty of solid GM's out there, and it could really impact the Yankees/Blue Jays seasons.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
WhiteSox
Name: Aaron Dorman

Post by WhiteSox »

No one wants to move to the powerhouse that is the AL Beast. Nils must be nuts.

My theory is that is why Bren left in the first place, he couldnt see winning the division until 2011 at the earliest. (Bren if you are reading this its ok to admit that now). But seriously if you are still trolling the boards thanks for all the hard work you put into this league, I will miss beating up on you and your team 18 times a year.
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

I like Bren a lot, but I'm hoping "find a suitable replacement" comes sooner then later...
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

I'd return with my tail between my legs to put Papi in his proper home.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

You want out.. but they keep bringing you back in!!!!!!!!
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Reds wrote:You want out.. but they keep bringing you back in!!!!!!!!
Hahah. I guess growing up a Red Sox fan I don't know how to love anything else but the beatdowns delivered in the AL East.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)

Return to “Announcements”