Official "Out of Town thread"

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Mariners wrote:Damn, Jim! That sounds painful....you ultra guys are crazy! :o

I'd have to find a good "pace setter" to make it through that distance. Beer at the beach is a good thing though.

I think with my three legs I'll end up running about 17.5 miles over the 24 hours of the HTC relay. That's childs play compared to an ultra relay followed by a half. Props to ya!

My wife posted this on her Facebook page today. Good thing she loves me ...

Yep - this is what Jim is doing with some of his friends this weekend (Friday and Saturday) before he runs a half marathon in Boston (Sunday) ... and he tells me "it will be fun". And his team isn't renting a van - they are using his.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EL1hLU_LB ... r_embedded" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'll be gone for the weekend and hoping that this end of season swoon ends while I'm away.
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

Jim,

That is way, way way too close to reality. No wonder people think we are crazy. Of course, I'm only a little crazy....you ultra guys are really freakin crazy!

5 weeks and counting to the Bourbon Chase Relay! I was in training this weekend at a party at Lake Chelan. Drank Woodford Reserve......it is called cross-training. :)
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

Mariners wrote:Jim,

That is way, way way too close to reality. No wonder people think we are crazy. Of course, I'm only a little crazy....you ultra guys are really freakin crazy!

5 weeks and counting to the Bourbon Chase Relay! I was in training this weekend at a party at Lake Chelan. Drank Woodford Reserve......it is called cross-training. :)
Is your relay on the bourbon trail?

Woodword Reserve is really beautiful down there. Personally I liked Buffalo Trace's tour better, however.

In a couple weeks I'm going down there for my buddy's bachelor party. We plan on going to a bunch of the tours through out the day and then drink all the products at night.

Also, if you like Woodford Reserve, you should try their Double Oaked bourbon. Absolutely delicious. Very smooth and you get a lot more of the oak flavor in it from it being transfered into a new barrel midway through the aging process.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I know that Beam's tour used to be free but it is now $8. I was going to stop and do it over the summer but I wasn't about to pay $8 for something I did for free 2 years ago
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Buffalo Trace was free, Woodford Reserve is like $5, but you do get a plastic (but nice and worth keeping) shot glass filled with bourbon
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Just FYI...JB is in Germany for work for the next two weeks. I'm sure he'll be pretty busy, but he does have some internet access. So, if he's PMed you offering to rip you off, just hang tight for a couple weeks and then he'll take your good players for his players who are about to fall off a cliff.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Still in town, but have midterms this week and am therefore likely to be slow on the responses. Back on the horse Friday
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

I will be flying out tomorrow morning for Kentucky and the Bourbon Chase Relay.

Going to be getting a little runnin', a little Bourbon Ale and some Hot Brown at the finish line. Yeah, that just sounds wrong....until you've had good Hot Brown.

Drunken football weekend and now this. My liver will be pickled by Sunday.

Guys that I have trade discussions going on with, it may be a little spotty catching me over the next few days.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

We're officially on Gillespie Baby Watch 2013. Delivery is scheduled for 11 a.m. Thursday for daughter No. 2, Lily Grace. I'm out of work until 11/25, but will obviously have more important responsibilities. Of course, in my state of sleeplessness, I may be up for a trade or two.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

I will be heading over to Rome tomorrow (11/22) and won't be back until 12/1. I might check the website...but I doubt it.
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Twins wrote:I will be heading over to Rome tomorrow (11/22) and won't be back until 12/1. I might check the website...but I doubt it.
Just say you're going out of town...
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

How many people honestly post an update in here each time they go out of town for boring reasons?
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Nationals wrote:
Twins wrote:I will be heading over to Rome tomorrow (11/22) and won't be back until 12/1. I might check the website...but I doubt it.
Just say you're going out of town...
He meant Rome, Ga...
Nationals

Post by Nationals »

Orioles wrote:How many people honestly post an update in here each time they go out of town for boring reasons?
Bingo.
Nationals

Post by Nationals »

I'll be in Cleveland for a wedding (who the hell schedules a January wedding in Cleveland?) from Friday through Sunday--I'm not sure how much I'll be online. Hopefully the draft gets around to me before I leave (otherwise I'll set a queue...just to be polite).
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Had some family stuff come up, heading back to SF for the weekend and will be pretty off the grid in terms of thinking about trades probably until Monday night. Sorry to disappear on those of you I've been pming with.
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Brewers
Name: Jared Cloutier

Post by Brewers »

Before I forget. Milwaukee will be MIA from 3/1-3/14. Honeymoon in Grenada.
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Athletics wrote:Had some family stuff come up, heading back to SF for the weekend and will be pretty off the grid in terms of thinking about trades probably until Monday night. Sorry to disappear on those of you I've been pming with.
So where is the NL EAST season preview? Been two weeks now :wink:
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

I'm going to be unreachable 3/8-3/15, going on a well-deserved cruise
Reds

Post by Reds »

In Las Vegas through Wednesday 3/12. Should be okay to ck TRC and stuff, just may be a bit slow reacting.
Brewers
Name: Jared Cloutier

Post by Brewers »

Back from the honeymoon. If you ever get a chance to hit a Sandals resort by all means do it. Got home to 12"+ of snow. Immediately spent 3 hours snowblowing. Life is cruel.
Nationals

Post by Nationals »

I'll be away from my computer (though quite possibly checking on my cellphone) while marathoning in Louisville, KY this weekend (4/17-20). If anyone in middle America wants to join Dorman and me (and possibly Z) at a Louisville Bats game on Friday, hit me up.

(imagine, a baseball game with one of the oddest pairings of IBC GMs!)
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

We can have a Q & A about the 2007 IBC World Series, if that entices anyone
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Running the Boston Marathon this weekend ... Patti and I are making a long weekend out of it going down Friday (expo in the afternoon, Pat Green concert at the House of Blues that evening); meet-ups and beer Saturday; sunrise church service and Easter breakfast before some legs up relaxing Sunday; up early to catch a bus to Hopkinton where about 25,000 runners will start before and another 12,000 or so after me ... run a few hours and then party; heading back to Maine sometime Tuesday. Will be enjoyable and will be emotional. &#128509;&#128509;&#128509;

If the IBC starts while I am gone JP can pick my line up and I'll catch up when I return ... and best of success to all teams and GM's after a long winter off season.

Thanks!
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Best of luck to you. Were you there for the last marathon?
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."

Return to “IBC Forum”