Jake's Arbitrary Divisional Power Rankings/Snarky Comments

Jake Hamlin's blog

Moderator: Giants

Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Jake's Arbitrary Divisional Power Rankings/Snarky Comments

Post by Giants »

A ranking of the divisions from top to bottom:

1. AL East - The AL East's big three teams are simply better than the NL Central's three best. I'm cheating a little in this ranking by basically making the tiebreaker that Vacek's 4th best team which ran screaming from the AL East is a good bit better than Gabe's 4th best in the NL Central (which may wind up being the 3rd best).

2. NL Central - Just go down the names of the GMs in the divison: Nate, Aaron, JP, Gabe... OK we'll stop there or it'll start hurting my argument :D Expect Other Shawn and OJ to be countable on that list in a couple of years, however.

3. AL Central - Last year's AL Champion may not even be in the top two of his own division. Doesn't boast the elite teams of the ALE or NLC, but the depth is impressive.

4. NL West - Five almost evenly matched teams, there are no pushovers in this division and the race should go down to the wire. Nothing really snarky to add.

5. NL East - I agree with Jim that it's not the worst division in the IBC, though that is certainly damning with faint praise when we see what comes next. The vagaries of the SIM gave Atlanta a ludicrously good SIM, but after Florida there's a steady stream of pretty decent-pretty mediocre.

6. AL West - A four team division needs to have its teams reach a higher standard to compete in these power rankings, and I'm sad to say my home doesn't. I may well win 100 games again, and Ropers should be comfortably over .500, but the other two teams aren't really sure what direction they're going and when half the division is eminently beatable that knocks us down to the bottom.

Note to Brennan, Seth, and Dave, hell yes I'm calling you out.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

2. NL Central - Just go down the names of the GMs in the divison: Nate, Aaron, JP, Gabe... OK we'll stop there or it'll start hurting my argument Expect Other Shawn and OJ to be countable on that list in a couple of years, however.

I'll be ready to compete in 2009....wait and see. I'll be lucky to win 65 games this year......I'll win 90+ in 2009.....the rest will be history.

The Reds are mighty impressive though....
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

The Reds are always impressive. The most impressive part is usually his DL... sorry dude, but it's true.
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

id say your more likely to win 90+ in 2010, not 09
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

I guess we'll have to wait and see......I'm not that patient with my players. The team will be overhauled again next offseason....then instead of trading for prospects like I've done this offseason, many of them will be heading out the door. Obviously my 09 success depends alot on the developement of the upper level prospects.
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

fair enough

Return to “#torture”