sad, sad shit

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

sad, sad shit

Post by DBacks »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/20/cnnu.guns/index.html

I just can't believe we've come to this. I know for sure this guy isn't the only one.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Concealed carry isn't a terrible idea IMO, as long as the people have the proper permits and have taken the proper gun safety courses. I know a buddy of mine that goes to Purdue and is a member of their rifle team and a certified marksman by the NRA is pushing hard for Purdue to have concealed carry be allowed. Remember, its not people that are responsible gun owners that are the problem, its the one crazy wacko that decides to shoot a bunch of people
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Except that it's people like you pushing to let the wacko's carry guns around until the day they snap and use them
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Arming more students who are totally sane is still a very, very, very poor idea regardless of who carries it. Everybody can get angry sometimes and want to punch something but if you have a gun on your belt and you're in a fit of anger? It just doesn't mix well with college kids, especially with the drinking and drugs on campus etc.

I'm not one for taking away guns, but having kids carrying them around school is one of the worst ideas you can have.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Astros

Post by Astros »

No. I think everyone should have to take hunter education and gun safety courses before being allowed to purchase a firearm. Don't blame the 99% that respect the law and are responsible gun owners because 1% abuse their right to bear arms
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Aaron, ever shot your gun off in celebration? I believe I've seen posts from you before regarding that. Abuser!

I'm pretty sure it's far more than 1%.
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

Cardinals wrote:No. I think everyone should have to take hunter education and gun safety courses before being allowed to purchase a firearm. Don't blame the 99% that respect the law and are responsible gun owners because 1% abuse their right to arm bears

lol......god I needs some sleep.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Cardinals wrote:No. I think everyone should have to take hunter education and gun safety courses before being allowed to purchase a firearm. Don't blame the 99% that respect the law and are responsible gun owners because 1% abuse their right to bear arms
On a college campus, which in many cases is private property, I do not think guns should be allowed for the reason I stated. Drugs/Alcohol/kids my age who are a bit angry or having a rough day carrying around guns to protect themselves is a bit nutty. Some kid goes and does some drugs, drinks a little alcohol and has his GF dump him, find out when he's shit faced or whatever at 6pm on Friday, remembers he has gun in pocket and goes to town.

Poor idea for any college campus or school setting, period.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Mariners
Name: Jagger

Post by Mariners »

Astros

Post by Astros »

Bears are killing machines people. Imagine giving them guns. Exactly! That's how we win the war in Iraq. Bears with guns
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

Cardinals wrote:Bears are killing machines people. Imagine giving them guns. Exactly! That's how we win the war in Iraq. Bears with guns

Bears are some bad mofo's......definately killing machines.....in their world they believe they are the king. Nothing like watching a couple of them tangle in deep sticks....make you feel real small in a hurry.

Return to “The Cub Hub”