Lost

Nate Hunter's blog. Nate was 717-506 (.586) in his IBC career with three playoff appearances, two via Wild Card (06-07) and an NL Central Title (2008)

Moderator: BlueJays

Do you like Lost?

Yes, Love It!
21%
No, Hate It!
8%
Love It & Hate It, Just Like You Nate!
8%
Don't Watch It!
63%

Total votes: 24

BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Lost

Post by BlueJays »

I have never been in a more love/hate relationship with a television show than I am Lost.

So here's a Poll for shits n grins
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

IF I had television access, I'd watch it. Theoretically, I could watch it on my computer but I'm not a fan of that experience. And I'm too poor to buy DVDs
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

The best fucking show ever, but God does it frustrate me.
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

I've tried to watch it 2x, but couldn't get into it...I guess it's one of those shows that you need to see every episode from the beginning, or you won't catch the rhythm.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Brewers
Name: Jared Cloutier

Post by Brewers »

Yea, trying to pick it up in the middle is just confusing. I didn't watch season 1 and ended up plowing through the DVDs about a week and a half before Season 2 started. Absolutely great show and as always, some interesting questions raised last night...
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

I did the same with Lost.. Didn't watch it cause I missed the first few. Friend had all the shows on some burned CD's for me, caught up real quick as I couldn't put the show down. Haven't missed an episode since.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Reds wrote:I did the same with Lost.. Didn't watch it cause I missed the first few. Friend had all the shows on some burned CD's for me, caught up real quick as I couldn't put the show down. Haven't missed an episode since.
Yeah, I was a season or so behind, then someone convinced me to rent the first season on DVD and I couldn't stop watching it until I was caught up. Absolutely terrific show. I am impressed how seamlessly they went from flashbacks to flashforwards as their main "cutaway" scenes. Other than a brief run of a few episodes somewhere in the middle where their unwillingness to answer some large questions before introducing new mysteries made it frustrating to watch, I think they've done a great job of balancing questions and answers through the life of the show to make it nearly impossible to stop watching.

Most of the central characters have become increasingly complex and interesting each season (which is rare for any TV show), and some of the characters introduced later are among the show's most compelling (even more rare).

It was written as a 6 season story, start-to-finish, and thus far it seems like they've remained relatively true to the original story (though I heard that one character was killed off because of the actor's repeated DUI's in Hawaii - and not as part of the original story). A lot really rides on the ending. It would be awful if a few long-standing questions are not answered, or some of the answers seem a bit "cheap" and more attempts to tie up loose ends and less in the flow of the story. Considering how skilled the writing has seemed so far in terms of plot advancement, I can't imagine they'd allow it to fail like that in the end.

I definitely think it's the best network TV show I've ever seen, and I put it up there with HBO's "The Wire" as my top two TV dramas of all time.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Dexter and Brotherhood are awesome shows on Showtime network I catch. Dexter is actually coming to prime time network TV on CBS I think... Season 1 if you can catch it.

The Wire is okay, watched a couple seasons but never really got into it all that much.

Other short lived show's I like but never really caught on - however worth checking out:

Dead Like Me
Huff - starring Hank Azaria!
Lucky Louis - Stand up Comedy on HBO - curse words galore. Great stuff by Louis C.K.
Last edited by BlueJays on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

In the same vein as the Wire, "Homicide: Life on the Streets" was a great show as well.

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

dexter is a phenomenal show. it puts you as the viewer in a very awkward position when you find yourself rooting for a serial killer. i'm not sure how the watered down network version will play though.

huff was great too. hank azaria and oliver platt on the same show? it doesn't get better than that.

if you guys haven't watched these two, pick up dexter first. its really worth the time.
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

I can't stand Lost. The only shows i watch religiously are Weeds and Entourage. WHOS WITH ME?
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Other then sports and news I watch very little TV at all ... I have heard about Lost though
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Phillies wrote:I can't stand Lost. The only shows i watch religiously are Weeds and Entourage. WHOS WITH ME?
Holla! Watch these shows religiously as well, I was just too high to rattle them off my brain when I wrote the last post in this thread.

Atta'boy Nick!

I also like some of the FX series shows..

Nip/Tuck
The Riches
Dirt
Rescue Me

Good stuff.
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

Weeds is a good show. Funny, original idea, and, um, it's about weed, so it has that going for it.

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Phillies wrote:I can't stand Lost. The only shows i watch religiously are Weeds and Entourage. WHOS WITH ME?
I also dislike Lost, but I avoid TV in general.

Return to “The Hunt for Red October”