UC v. WVU

Bren Dillon's blog

Moderator: Angels

Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Just kidding. Change that to OSU (w/ 1 loss) 10-1, and KU 15-1

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Brewers wrote:and this just further proves why they need a 4 team playoff, because we dont actually know how good a conference is. I mean is it really fair for a hawaii team to be ranked high because they are undefeated and played shit teams over someone who has 1 lost and plays a much harder schedule?
Nice deflection of the subject. Very smooth. Couldn't have done it better myself...
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

Bren thats all you ever say is nice deflection of the subject its not at all i was making a suggestion is making a point in the argument and people agreed with me. Just because you like a team in the big east doesnt mean that it has to be the best conference. Im a huge rutgers fan and i know that they play in a bad conference.
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

Oh, and it is fair for a Hawaii team to be ranked higher. If they've been perfect, there's nothing anyone can say about them. I don't care who they've played.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Actually as I said before.. I'm not arguing that the Big East is Good, just better than the ACC. Which it is.

And it was a nice deflection of the subject. You made a point that no one is going to argue with (that there should be a playoff system) to change the subject from one where Dan was handing you your hat (that the ACC is the worst conference in football).
Royals

Post by Royals »

Cubs wrote:Oh, and it is fair for a Hawaii team to be ranked higher. If they've been perfect, there's nothing anyone can say about them. I don't care who they've played.
I agree. If they finish the season perfect, they deserve to be rewarded for that. Especially since it can't be easy flying from hawaii to wherever and back again every other week.
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

Sure they should be rewarded, with a nice solid non-championship bowl game. Kansas, Hawaii - both gotta beat someone, just one good team, before they deserve being mentioned in the top 5. Kansas running the table so far without yet playing any of the Big 12's top 3 teams in a down season for the Big 12 is just not that impressive.

Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

If you beat 8 ranked teams and have 1 lose and you are forced to play an extra championship game against another top 10 ranked team and win that game you are no doubt better then a team that has to play 0 ranked teams. Just because you go undefeated doesnt mean you are better then a team. You play a completely different schedule. Thats like saying a varsity high school football team who goes undefeated against the JV team is better then the high school football team that beats 8 college teams and loses to 1.
Royals

Post by Royals »

I'm not arguing Hawaii deserves a chance at the national championship, they're clearly in an inferior conference. Should they have a shot at one of the other major bowls though? I would say so.
Kansas on the other hand WILL have to face #5 Missouri next week (they'll probably be #4 now). Beating the #4 team to cap a perfect season in one of the 6 major conferences seems, to me, to merit BCS title consideration.
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

RedSox wrote:I'm not arguing Hawaii deserves a chance at the national championship, they're clearly in an inferior conference. Should they have a shot at one of the other major bowls though? I would say so.
Kansas on the other hand WILL have to face #5 Missouri next week (they'll probably be #4 now). Beating the #4 team to cap a perfect season in one of the 6 major conferences seems, to me, to merit BCS title consideration.
And if they beat Missouri, then lose in the conference title game, 1 good win doesn't make them a top 5 team. Really, they've beaten nobody. I doubt they'll beat Mizzou.

Return to “Whale's Vagina Monologue”