Oscar Noms

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Lowest rated Oscars ever. Come to think of it, I'm almost ready to argue that Ratatouille should have been up for Best Picture and probably could have won. No Country For Old Men has a limited appeal, There Will Be Blood was so obviously pandering for Oscars that it cheapened the movie, Juno was nowhere near as enjoyable, Atonement sucked, I haven't seen Michael Clayton so I can't speak to it, but it was probably a fine but not groundbreaking movie. Ratatouille winning would have been a nice little shot at the move industry.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

My friends wanted to see There Will Be Blood. I refused because I could tell it was a movie that's soul purpose was to get nominated for Oscars as soon as I saw previews. I refuse to see it based on that
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Cardinals wrote:My friends wanted to see There Will Be Blood. I refused because I could tell it was a movie that's soul purpose was to get nominated for Oscars as soon as I saw previews. I refuse to see it based on that
And The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford wasn't meant to garner nominations?
Astros

Post by Astros »

Haven't seen it, but if its concentrating just on Bob Ford killing Jesse James and not on the James-Younger Gang and not touching on them riding with Quantrill during the War, then I probably won't bother watching it
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Twins wrote:
Cardinals wrote:My friends wanted to see There Will Be Blood. I refused because I could tell it was a movie that's soul purpose was to get nominated for Oscars as soon as I saw previews. I refuse to see it based on that
And The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford wasn't meant to garner nominations?
Seriously, I don't even know if that movie was released theatrically. I don't recall seeing a single commercial for it or seeing it play at a single theater, or reading a review in the paper, and considering how much money was spent and that Brad Pitt is a major star and that Jesse James is one of the best known folk heroes in American history you'd think it would get some play in the third largest media market in the country (yes I'm counting San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland as one market).
Astros

Post by Astros »

Yeah, I gotta back up Jake here. I remember seeing this movie on IMDB a couple years ago and being really excited about it. Me and a couple of my buddies see every Western that comes out and I grew up on stories about Jesse James. It was never released around here and there were never commercials for it
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Athletics wrote:
Twins wrote:
Seriously, I don't even know if that movie was released theatrically. I don't recall seeing a single commercial for it or seeing it play at a single theater, or reading a review in the paper, and considering how much money was spent and that Brad Pitt is a major star and that Jesse James is one of the best known folk heroes in American history you'd think it would get some play in the third largest media market in the country (yes I'm counting San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland as one market).
It was down here in Austin in October...

Return to “The Cub Hub”