Official "Out of Town thread"

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

Heading to Boise tomorrow morning for four days of golf in 99 degree weather....smokin' hot!
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

I'm heading out on a road trip from South Dakota, to Wyoming, to Montana, to Idaho for my brother's wedding. I'll have my iPhone & computer with me so I'll be catching up as much as I can...but it will not be with my usual fervor...
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Nationals wrote:I'm heading out on a road trip from South Dakota, to Wyoming, to Montana, to Idaho for my brother's wedding. I'll have my iPhone & computer with me so I'll be catching up as much as I can...but it will not be with my usual fervor...
Not sure I can get through the week without Nats' prospect updates on a per-ab basis. Please make sure you keep that up.
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Let's just call that the usual fervor I won't be able to provide. Ass.
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

I'll be out until Thursday.
Reds

Post by Reds »

On the way to Dallas for business conference. I will be able to access PMs, emails, and IMs, but responses may be slow. Returning Wednesday.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

I'll be up in Minnesota for a couple weddings from this afternoon through Monday night. I highly doubt I'll be accessing the site on any regular basis, so don't expect any responses until Tuesday!
Twins
Name: Andrew Howard, Owner emeritus. Jason Gudim, GM

Post by Twins »

At the hospital, waiting for baby #4 to arrive.
2010 KC 83-79
2011 KC 94-68
2012 KC 83-79
2013 KC 90-72; AL Central Champs
2014 KC 84-78
2015 KC 103-59; AL Central Champs
2016 KC 97-65; Lost WC Game to BAL
2017 MIN 80-82
2018 MIN 84-78
2019 MIN 80-82

Overall IBC Record 1040-903
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Royals wrote:At the hospital, waiting for baby #4 to arrive.
Soooo...you're taking trade offers now?
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

Royals wrote:At the hospital, waiting for baby #4 to arrive.

Hopefully, Congrats to you and the lady are in order by this time. #4, holy shit! Are you working on a starting 5?
Twins
Name: Andrew Howard, Owner emeritus. Jason Gudim, GM

Post by Twins »

Turned out to be a false alarm. So back home now, but waiting for the real deal.

And, as far as a starting five is concerned, I'm just glad you've never seen me play basketball.
2010 KC 83-79
2011 KC 94-68
2012 KC 83-79
2013 KC 90-72; AL Central Champs
2014 KC 84-78
2015 KC 103-59; AL Central Champs
2016 KC 97-65; Lost WC Game to BAL
2017 MIN 80-82
2018 MIN 84-78
2019 MIN 80-82

Overall IBC Record 1040-903
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

Heading down to Portland, OR tomrrow to get ready for the Hood To Coast relay! THe Mother of all Relay Races! Beer, running and bands on the beach at Seaside on Saturday. Ooooorahhhhh!

Anyone I've been having trade talks with, after mid-day tomorrow, I will be somewhat out of contact until Monday.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Mariners wrote:Heading down to Portland, OR tomrrow to get ready for the Hood To Coast relay! THe Mother of all Relay Races! Beer, running and bands on the beach at Seaside on Saturday. Ooooorahhhhh!

Anyone I've been having trade talks with, after mid-day tomorrow, I will be somewhat out of contact until Monday.
One of these days I'm gonna do that race.
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

Padres wrote:
Mariners wrote:Heading down to Portland, OR tomrrow to get ready for the Hood To Coast relay! THe Mother of all Relay Races! Beer, running and bands on the beach at Seaside on Saturday. Ooooorahhhhh!

It is a little bit of pain but a hell of a good time. You gotta make sure you get on a team that does it right. This will be our 14th year running it. We always have someone on the team in Portland host a pasta dinner the night before. Have a place in Portland to shower and eat leftovers from the night before after we (our van of six runners) run our first leg and then stay overnight down in Seaside on Saturday night after the race. Golf on Sunday!

I'm also doing the Bourbon Chase Relay in Lexington, Kentucky on October 18th and 19th. One of our runners lives in Kentucky and he has a team that has run the Bourbon Chase the last 4 years. I finally gave in and will be heading out there this year for the event. Same format, but the finish line is down by Rupp Arena in Lexington. Bourbon distilleries instead of beer at the finish line.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Mariners wrote:
Padres wrote:

It is a little bit of pain but a hell of a good time. You gotta make sure you get on a team that does it right. This will be our 14th year running it. We always have someone on the team in Portland host a pasta dinner the night before. Have a place in Portland to shower and eat leftovers from the night before after we (our van of six runners) run our first leg and then stay overnight down in Seaside on Saturday night after the race. Golf on Sunday!

I'm also doing the Bourbon Chase Relay in Lexington, Kentucky on October 18th and 19th. One of our runners lives in Kentucky and he has a team that has run the Bourbon Chase the last 4 years. I finally gave in and will be heading out there this year for the event. Same format, but the finish line is down by Rupp Arena in Lexington. Bourbon distilleries instead of beer at the finish line.
They both sound like fun Brennan ... with the right folk those relay races are a blast. I am on an ultra team (6 runners) doing the 203 mile New Hampshire Reach the Beach on 9/13 and 9/14 covering Mt. Cannon to Hampton Beach where Smuttynose Brewery puts on a fun post-race party. Then the next day, 9/15, I am running the Boston Speaks 13.1 which is a fundraiser for autism. Have fun!
Royals

Post by Royals »

WhiteSox wrote:
Mariners wrote:
Padres wrote: One of these days I'm gonna do that race.

They both sound like fun Brennan ... with the right folk those relay races are a blast. I am on an ultra team (6 runners) doing the 203 mile New Hampshire Reach the Beach on 9/13 and 9/14 covering Mt. Cannon to Hampton Beach where Smuttynose Brewery puts on a fun post-race party. Then the next day, 9/15, I am running the Boston Speaks 13.1 which is a fundraiser for autism. Have fun!
We should look at doing a relay with an IBC team. The three of us plus Andrew would make four.
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

Damn, Jim! That sounds painful....you ultra guys are crazy! :o

I'd have to find a good "pace setter" to make it through that distance. Beer at the beach is a good thing though.

I think with my three legs I'll end up running about 17.5 miles over the 24 hours of the HTC relay. That's childs play compared to an ultra relay followed by a half. Props to ya!
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Padres wrote:
WhiteSox wrote:
Mariners wrote:

We should look at doing a relay with an IBC team. The three of us plus Andrew would make four.
Indeed. So far we'd have four different "bases" from which we could find a race.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Twins wrote:
Padres wrote:
WhiteSox wrote: They both sound like fun Brennan ... with the right folk those relay races are a blast. I am on an ultra team (6 runners) doing the 203 mile New Hampshire Reach the Beach on 9/13 and 9/14 covering Mt. Cannon to Hampton Beach where Smuttynose Brewery puts on a fun post-race party. Then the next day, 9/15, I am running the Boston Speaks 13.1 which is a fundraiser for autism. Have fun!
Indeed. So far we'd have four different "bases" from which we could find a race.
I've got family in the PNW and New England, so travel to either of those areas would be easy.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

If you make the trek from Lexington to Louisville for some reason, give me a holler and we'll meet up. Bourbon makes me black out though, so I can't participate in that
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Royals wrote:Turned out to be a false alarm. So back home now, but waiting for the real deal.

And, as far as a starting five is concerned, I'm just glad you've never seen me play basketball.
Found out from Jason's brother in law he (his wife) had the kid.
Last edited by Athletics on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Angels wrote:
Royals wrote:Turned out to be a false alarm. So back home now, but waiting for the real deal.

Found out from Jason's brother in law he had the kid.
If Jason gave birth, I'm sure we'll see it on the news
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

Back and still in one piece. Another good HTC in the books!

Now I've got just under 2 months and will be running the Bourbon Chase Relay in October. Micro Beers in Oregon are good........might be a little more difficult mixing in the bourbons while we run.

OK back and ready to wrap up some trade talks!
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

I'll be out of town this Saturday to next
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Leaving here Friday after work, returning Sunday afternoon. Will bring laptop for access to the sim. Available off and on via phone. Will be at Auburn/Washington State tailgating most of the day Saturday, so if you need me for trades, catch me Friday or Saturday early.

Return to “IBC Forum”