I'M SO FUCKING GLAD WE TRADED FOR _____ Log

Ty Bradley's blog

Moderator: Astros

Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

I'M SO FUCKING GLAD WE TRADED FOR _____ Log

Post by Astros »

****Feel free to comment on this, friends. Or talk shit or whatever you feel like doing*****

1. Mariners traded Luis Matos, Junior 0-Caminero, Jose 21-Rodriguez to Astros for Alek Thomas, Emerson Hancock

Only Bangers, baby. Think I started hounding Jagger for Caminero approx 0.8 seconds after getting the login info. He said he wanted Thomas and Hancock and we filled in the rest later. Matos went nuclear for about three months (more on that later), which I definitely didn't see coming when I added him in as the final piece. IIRC I initially asked for Christian Hernandez and was given an unequivocal no. *Shrug.* Jagger is one of the best sim GMs I've ever seen and has an almost insurmountable level of talent stacked up, so he'll obviously be fine here even if Thomas doesn't pan out. Lotta respect for all the members of my division in this league....should be brutal for the next decade or so.

2. Astros traded Justin Foscue to Padres for Spencer 21-Schwellenbach, Samuel 20-Zavala

My initial reaction when I saw the roster I'd inherited, other than audible groans and an immediate desire to backclick, was that I probably should put each of the 17 2B on the block immediately. Foscue was the first to go, and though all 3 of these guys had nominally good years last season, I'll be transparent here (big step, I know) and admit that I'm really not a fan of any of them right now.

3. Astros traded Cavan Biggio to Twins for Matt 0-Canterino, Marco 20-Raya

We needed to get Biggio out of Houston - constant exposure to hecklers reminding him that daddy is disappointed probably wasn't great for the ole psyche. We did offer him a Special Asst role in the front office once his career is over - he'll be polishing his dad's statue, filling the train with oranges, and co-chairing the organization's philanthropic endeavors along with Jeff Bagwell's 6th wife. Vital roles all.

4. Astros traded Drew 20-Romo to Cubs for Roderick 21-Arias, 2022 Draft Pick 82, Bryant 21-Betancourt

I think I'd turned spamming people's inboxes into a part-time job at this point. Arias' 36% K rate against the worst professional pitchers in baseball didn't look too promising, but if there's one thing I've learned in nearly 20 years of sim baseball, you can never put too much stock into Galaxy SII-shot Dominican hype videos.

5. Astros traded Kyle Muller to BlueJays for 2022 Draft Pick 33, 2022 Draft Pick 63, 2022 Draft Pick 35, 2022 Draft Pick 89

6. Astros traded Jacob Amaya to Braves for Garrett Mitchell

7. Guardians traded Cristian 20-Santana, 2022 Draft Pick 21 to Astros for Brice Turang, Blaze 20-Jordan

Never really liked Turang until I changed my mind about a month later and traded for him again. Still not quite sure with the issue is with him - he swings hard, looks smooth, has an idea at the plate, and wears his flat-bill hat super low in the true Corona style. Maybe he just needs another tattoo, a partnership with Dickies, or to become a part-time roadie on the next Korn w/ Skrillex tour. ARE....YOU.....REEAAADDDYYYYYYYY

8. BlueJays traded Pedro 20-Ramirez to Astros for 2022 Draft Pick 104

9. BlueJays traded Yeiner 0-Fernandez to Astros for 2022 Draft Pick 124

10. Astros traded 2022 Draft Pick 4 to RedSox for 2022 Draft Pick 45, 2022 Draft Pick 24, 2022 Draft Pick 19

Yeah, I hated that fucking draft. No way you're catching me drafting a 2B in the top 10 in any draft (Lord help us if we end up top 3 in the next one and Roki doesn't weasel his way out of Japan), and certainly not one where I can trade down and not get anywhere near commensurate value. Let's face it - I didn't get enough here at all, and somehow salvaged the thing by drafting a 16 year-old catcher at 24. Wonders never cease.

11. Astros traded 2022 Draft Pick 63, 2022 Draft Pick 19 to Padres for 2022 Draft Pick 27, 2022 Draft Pick 32

Return to “Only Bangers”