2023-24 Offseason and Year in Review

Home of your relocated 5-time World Series champions

Moderator: Cardinals

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

2023-24 Offseason and Year in Review

Post by Cardinals »

Well, that didn't work out as planned.

My first year in St. Louis started hot - partially thanks to a weak schedule to open the year. Injuries took a toll though, and Trout's trip to the IL for half the season sunk real hopes. Luckily, I decided not to push all my chips in for this season and still netted out with an NL Central title. It was, however, our worst showing in the playoffs - ever, not winning a single game. I can't say the Cards deserved a better fate.

With that said, St. Louis is underway with its offseason. We've already got one move under our belt, dealing Outman for Giolito, Matz and Pereira. Wainwright has been with the team for the last five seasons and is now retired.

If we had a wishlist, it includes catching, an upgrade at SS (Rosairo?) and 1B. Cards also could use a true ace at the top of the staff.

Anybody but Arenado can be had, though I'm hard pressed to sell low on Trout.

OUTBOUND
James Outman
Pick 25
Pick 98
Pick 99
Pick 122

WELCOME TO ST. LOUIS

Tyler Wells
Steven Matz
Everson Pereira
Owen Miller
Pick 17
Pick 77
Pick 128
Pick 144
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Re: 2023-24 Offseason and Year in Review

Post by Cardinals »

It's slower than we'd like for the Redbirds on the trade front this offseason, but some good news over the last week with Jordan Hicks signing with SFG to start. Additionally, some of the Cards' prospect placed well on BA's Top 100 list today:

No. 67: Everson Pereira
No. 83: Victor Scott II
No. 85: Thomas Saggese
12, 14, 15, 17, 22

Return to “Redbird Roost”