Work

Home of your relocated 5-time World Series champions

Moderator: Cardinals

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Work

Post by Cardinals »

I forgot today was election day. Well, I didn't forget because I went out and voted, but I forgot that the public schools weren't in school today as a result.

Working a 9-2 shift, it looked innocent enough on a Tuesday morning, raining and about 45 degrees. So when I went to open the doors and saw a line of people I quietly mumbled to myself, "oh son of a bitch."

Some woman spent 660 dollars, another spent 443. I rang up alone, I was the main/awesome cashier (okay, only two people were working but lets be honest, I'm the best ringer/associate you'll find anyway.) Rang up about 4500 dollars worth of crap between 9-3, I was nice and stayed longer since it was mobbed.

However, I was very close to telling some customer to suck my balls (KYLLLLLLLE, we had a deal KYYYYYYYYLE) since he bought a giftcard and kept telling me to confirm that the 25 dollars was on the card. I said,"the total says 25, i scanned the card, and the 25 dollars has been loaded on my card, it says so on my screen." Then the dickweed continued to ask for reassurance that his precious giftcard had 25 dollars, demanding i verify it. I told him all the verification he or I needed would be either on the receipt or on my screen or amazingly both. He said he wanted confirmation that it was loaded. Im thinking what the fuck does this numbnuts want? So i pretended to scan the card and said, oh it says 25 dollars. He said thank you.

Lesson: I hate people.

Lesson X2: My [assistant] manager asked me if we were electing presidents today. then he told me the black dude or the girl was going to win because the were ahead in the polls. I had to tell him that no presidents will ever be elected on an odd year thanks to a friend of mine called math, and that the black dude and the girl were competing against each other to receive this little thing called a nomination to even run for president in the race.

Moral: people are dumb.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Also: Brownies are good.
Also good: Japanese Chicken Teyraki (thank you Sarku Japan.)
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

South Park is awesome.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Phillies wrote:South Park is awesome.
guitar queer-o tonight.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22

Return to “Redbird Roost”