Old Board Eulogy, as requested

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Old Board Eulogy, as requested

Post by Cardinals »

http://www.quicktopic.com/14/H/5TqXnmwXLjL

Message Board Eulogy:

Today we lay to rest a long time friend and the provider of life for the International Baseball Confederacy. As we gather in rememberance we must give thanks to those who made it what it was and pay respects to what the Board has brought to all of us.

Thank you to the All Mighty IBCCommish, the creator, for years of devotion as Moderator and Deleter of Lost Souls. It seems only yesterday you quit on the Red Sox on the Grande Olde Board only to jump back on the bandwagon.

Thank you to those GM's long gone, though some of you retarded, ugly and fat, just remember you can alway lose weight but you'll still be retarded and ugly. As the great singer/songwriter Meatloaf wrote, Two out of Three Ain't Bad.

Thank you to Gabe, aka 'Kiki', the token minority of the IBC. Some hear whispers that your abandonment of your self-proclaimed favorite player Sammy and then your subsequent abandonment of the IBC Cubs was truly the
start of the downfall of the Board, we don't believe it for a second. May you find happiness and may Aaron never nail your sister.

Thank you to Aaron, the southern racist, hick of the IBC. Though you scare us regularly with death threats, we love you. Now that the board has died I can stand proud and tell you........the war is over, put down your arms, brother.

Thank you to JP, the Original Trader Bob, we will miss your
curse-laden posts and pleas for trades. If you still squint hard enough you can see a young pup named John Paul raping a newbie out behind the dumpster. Protection my man, protection.

Thank you to Pickett, you're ass-terrible teams always seemed to hang on longer than they ever should have. You were a crazy sumbitch who was smarter than all of us and survived an attempt to own two teams in the league. As we lay rest to your memory, we also lay rest to all the brain cells of other GM's you killed during conversations.

Thank you to JOE, though most in the league didn't condone your homosexual favor to Bren to get back into the league, your multiple emails and posts of players available (albeit shitty ones) made you the true Spam Artist of the old board. May your musical career flourish like your hatred of JP and all the players your traded away.

Thank you to our schizophrenic GM's, Chrash, JPick, Joshorado, BreNils, Pat/JB, Ric/Pat you gave the old board twice as much as everyone else.

Thank you to old rivals, Rich and Brennan, we miss your 5 pages of arguments over the ESPN radar guns, the future HOF career of Tagg Bozied, Mike Hampton's mental state and pussballers. We will miss both of their dilusions of granduer, Rich for his little league updates, which of course will lead to a big league job, and Brennan's team pimps which of course would lead to an IBC title. Though Rich has moved on to the Tracy Treatment for his players and Brennan has moved on to humping salmon in Alaska, we know their rivalry lives on.

Thank you for Andrew for your.......posts. May we all one day know what the fuck you are talking about.

Thank you to Nils for ALL of your posts. We can only hope to the new board will be able to handle such volume.

Thank you to the MLB players whose names frequented our Grand Ole Board through the years: Chris Nelson, Mike Hampton, Ichiro Suzuki, Maels Fucking Rodriguez, Odalis Perez, Jason Giambi, Carl Pavano and many many others. May your names never be held in higher regard than
they were here.

Thank you to the AENMB for breathing life into the Board when it appeared it would die a hard cruel death. Though your tactics may have been crude and some GM's did not survive your Cleansing, your goals were just and righteous. May your might be called on again in the IBC's time of need.

Thank you to Nate, DJ Etan for bringing music to the board. Most of the older GM's had no idea what their ears were hearing and some of the younger ones were corrupted beyond repair, but we have come to understand that these are not bad things.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Ah... simpler times...
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

Good stuff...
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

i never get any love.
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Re: Old Board Eulogy, as requested

Post by DBacks »

Astros wrote:http://www.quicktopic.com/14/H/5TqXnmwXLjL

Thank you to Gabe, aka 'Kiki', the token minority of the IBC. Some hear whispers that your abandonment of your self-proclaimed favorite player Sammy and then your subsequent abandonment of the IBC Cubs was truly the start of the downfall of the Board, we don't believe it for a second. May you find happiness and may Aaron never nail your sister.
How ironic that I'm now back with the Cubs, and, wouldn't you know it, guess who's on my roster? Sammy Sosa.

Full circle. Weird.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

And I'm banging your sister
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

A moment of silence for the old board.. May she rest in peace.
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

That's what the league has evolved from?

All the messages look like text messages. I guess it was cool to say "sux" and not capitalize anything back then.

Sure has come a long way.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

Collectively, we used to be a lot meaner. And angrier. I'm so proud of us
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

I don't know.. I used to be a lot nicer. Started turning mean.. I attribute that mostly to my ex wife though, not the league.
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

u guyz r all fags!!!!!111
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."

Return to “IBC Forum”