Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Post by DBacks »

If you haven't seen in, and you're a fan of those R-rated guy comedies, you really should check it out. If not for the excessive amount of penis in the movie, I would give it a perfect score.

Very much in the mold of its sister films Knocked Up and The 40 Year Old Virgin, it features a lovable loser just trying to deal with his life. As with many Apatow type comedies, there is no real villain, though the title role of Sarah Marshall is played by the beautiful Heroes and Veronica Mars vet Kristen Bell.

Anyway, I laughed out loud constantly throughout this movie, and unlike some of its counterparts, it doesn't have that "slightly too long" feeling, as it clocks in at under 2 hours. It was original and witty and overall a really good time. A nice start to what's going to be a kickass summer season.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Also, unlike say, Wedding Crashers, it didn't turn into a full bore chick flick for the last 30-45 minutes. Very good movie
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Off to find the mystical clitoris....
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW

Return to “The Cub Hub”